- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Apr 18
C# - Full Stack Developer - Assistant Vice President #108156
The candidate will join the Front Office Desk Dev development team working for the leading Equity Derivatives franchise in the US.
The IT team is a key partner to the Equity Derivatives business in and has been a major contributor to its recent success. A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated, enabling successful candidates to directly contribute to the success of the Business.
Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- Strong focus on quality and commercial benefits
As an agile RAD developer the successful candidate will work closely with business users and other members of the development team responding to their ad-hoc needs, generating projects on process improvements, delivering tools that will leverage the strategic applications as much as possible while meeting short term business needs. Subsequently partner with other application teams as they incorporate into new markets for Derivatives.
- Build strong relationships with business users through understanding the challenges that they face, and then build systems that will allow them to overcome them.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
- Proactively able to seek out process improvement and enable process automation
- Focus on accurate results; on-going diligence and no-shortcut delivery orientation are critical
- Experience working in an agile environment with baked-in quality disciplines, such as TDD and test automation.
- Expert in one of the object oriented programming (OOP) language - C#, open to work in any programming language.
- Expert in advanced programming concepts - Threading, Asynchronous Programming, I/O, Networking, Serialization, Security, Performance and Memory tuning.
- Expert in latest full stack web frameworks (HTML5, Angular, React) and should be willing to try open source technologies and make amendments to suite our requirements.
- Experience designing solutions using NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic, Redis.
- Good to have understanding of sell side business - trade flow, market- making, risk and hedging concepts.
- Good to have understanding of Equity Derivatives products and Greeks as well as understanding of the data such as Volatility, Borrow, Fixings or Dividends.
- Highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult analytical problems.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Be an active developer and contributor to the team's delivery.
- Work closely with Quants/ Business to ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.