C#/WPF Developer (Fixed Income)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 12 Dec 18
C#/WPF Developer (Fixed Income)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Developer The Municipal Securities Division's Technology team has an opening as we expand to include additional Fixed Income business flows. We are looking for a strong .NET/C#/WPF Junior Developer with up to 5 years of experience, preferably with Java programming knowledge as well. The role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter-term business focused development on this platform. The main focus will be to deliver increased automation to the trading desks and expand electronic trading capabilities. The role would be expected to gain expertise in several components of this platform and take full ownership of projects from requirements gathering to roll-out. The successful candidate requires very strong communication skills, paired with an exceptional technical background, and the ability to analyze, deconstruct, and discuss complex problems. He or she will be expected to code and deliver software daily.
- Professional development experience with a minimum 3 to 5 years
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong .NET ,C# and WPF - Good knowledge of SOAP / XML / WSDL.
- Good knowledge of SQL/Relational Databases - Familiarity with Java, HTML5 is a plus
Familiarity with Fixed Income products, and time value of money concepts a strong plus
- Good understanding of Agile methodology
- Strong communication skills with an ability to explain complex IT problems in simple, businesslike terminology for ease of user understanding. Development experience in Object-Oriented Analysis and Programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems. Experience supporting distributed systems in a highly complex, high -urgency environment.