CVP, Annuity Business Financial & Planning Analysis
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
CVP, Annuity Business Financial & Planning Analysis
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The FP&A team for the retail and institutional annuity businesses is responsible for the management reporting of financial results, the multi-year financial planning process and the financial support for the strategic and tactical needs of the business. This Senior Associate position reports to the head of the FP&A team and will closely collaborate with other FP&A team members on a variety of projects. Examples include production of management package/analytics for actual financial results and planning submission, performing expense analysis, and provide financial support to various strategic business initiatives.
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Coordinate the monthly and quarterly reporting process within the annuity finance organization, including sales, revenues, P&L, Value of New Business (VNB), AUM, etc.
- Support the multi-year financial planning process and coordinate data submission across finance organization (including Annuity team, IAG Financial Management, and Corporate areas). Produce financial reporting packages for actual and plan results, including key performance metrics
- Support development of analytics, trends and commentary to illustrate and explain the financial story to senior management. Develop key messages around business performance and link financial results to business strategies.
- Oversee production of weekly sales report including commentaries on key trends.
- Understand unit cost development and allocations in order to support earnings and trend analysis.
Strategic Business Support
- Work with team members and business partners to provide support for strategic initiatives through financial and management information analyses, and reports.
- Answer to ad-hoc financial data request from business partners in a timely manner, and streamline data request flow by developing a central data repository for relevant financial information.
- Lead and coordinate participation in various industry benchmarking surveys.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Annuity business and contribute to continual enhancement of analytical framework to support business decision making and measurement of strategic goals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial industry
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to perform assignments independently
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities, with a strong sense of urgency under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with SAP system, BW queries, and expense reporting
- Experience with company financial reporting a plus
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within the team/across the organization
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.