Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are currently recruiting for a CRE Loan Closing Coordinator role, for a boutique Bank based in midtown Manhattan New York. Our client requires 2+ years’ Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Loan Closing or CRE Loan Paralegal experience. The role is initially remote during the pandemic but would eventually require working in the midtown office.
The CRE Loan Closing Coordinator performs all related Loan Department Specialist responsibilities including, but not limited to; running credit reports and conducting account research; processing commercial real estate loan payments and advances; reviewing loan approvals for completeness; generating loan documents; preparing and sending commitment, engagement, auction and decline letters; boarding loan documents on the Bank’s computer systems; maintaining credit files; and closes paid loans and terminates collateral when applicable.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; acts as a backup for various loan department positions and functions.
- Assists the Loan Quality Control Officer in reviewing loan documentation requests and completed loan packages for all branches; assists in HMDA and various compliance reviews; provides support for various special projects as directed.
- Assists the Loan Department Supervisor in conducting call back procedures related to loan boarding on a daily basis; assists in the preparation of monthly board reports; provides support for various special projects as directed.
- Performs lead duties including assigning and reviewing work for accuracy and completeness, assisting others in resolving problems, approving transactions within authority levels and training others in department operations.
- Performs all related Loan Department Specialist responsibilities including, but not limited to; running credit reports and conducting account research; processing consumer, commercial and real estate loan payments and advances; reviewing loan approvals for completeness; generating loan documents; preparing and sending commitment, engagement, auction and decline letters; boarding loan documents on the Bank’s computer systems; maintaining credit files; and closes paid loans and terminates collateral when applicable.
- Works with insurance policies and related reports; contacts agents; works closely with loan officers and customers to ensure proper insurance is received and maintained.
- Analyzes and processes all incoming draws, reviews documentation for proper approvals and makes loan disbursements to voucher control company or borrower in accordance with contracts.
- May process interest payments from the Bank’s interest reserve.
- Monitors collateral addenda’s and other tickler system to ensure proper receipt of UCC, Deeds of Trust, and Title Policy filings and other documentation.
- Sorts and distributes daily and monthly loan reports to applicable branches or departments.
- Answers the telephone; responds to routine loan officer or customer inquiries relative to account balances, loan balances and payoff requests.
- Assists loan officers and other personnel to ensure proper related documentation is prepared and/or provided.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
- Calculates loan pay off amounts for all types of loans.
- Cross-trains less experienced loan department personnel in all loan servicing functions.
- Types routine letters, reports and forms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- An Associate Degree at minimum, Bachelor Degree desirable.
- 2+ years’ Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Loan Closing or CRE Loan Paralegal experience
- Knowledge of LaserPro is a plus.
The CRE Loan Closing Coordinator role is initially fully remote but will eventually be located in midtown Manhattan, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $70-80k base plus bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please email me at **email@example.com**