COBAM Specialist - Checker (Specialist, Client Delivery)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support for CIB as part of COBAM CET
- Perform an independent quality review of all CDDs, GICs, and GAs as a checker of the CDD process. Ensure all are reviewed and approved as per the CIB CDD standards. Escalate with Team Manager any issues or concerns that may arise during the review of CDD .
- Assessing risks arising from specific clients and helping to manage those risks in the interests of the Bank;
Key Responsibilities and Processes
- Coordinate and review for completeness new and existing CDD and required documentation, ensuring consistency and quality. Perform name screening reviews as necessary under Appendix D.
- Independently research the customer to ensure the data provided by the RM/CET team is accurate.
- Review the ISIC Code and customer information to ensure the ISIC Code makes sense.
- Provide CDD confirmation before accounts are opened in transaction processing systems (Crops DAU, Agency Arrangements and PMMS).
- Ensure that CDD Completion is approved as per current policies and procedures.
- Work on making CDDs, GICs, and BBAs as needed.
- Attend specific AML, CDD and other trainings provided by Legal, Compliance Areas and external parties. Keep up with US and Group regulations.
- Cross train other team members to provide intra team resource cover.
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group/WBFCR.
- Provide support on projects as needed as allocated by the Pod Team Lead.
- Perform "Make" tasks when required
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the US/Cobam segments to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Appropriate engagement with NY DFS/ NY FED and delegate monitors
- Good background of CDD both policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of CDD covering Corporate and Financial Institutions clients.
- Knowledge of Financial Crime risk / Anti-Money Laundering and Credit related Risk is an advantage.
- An analytical and enquiring mind.
- Good attitude and work well within teams is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and Spanish.
- Diligent and detail oriented
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .