CLIENT ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE
- Salary + Incentive based on Experience and Industry Standards
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Client Administration Associate to set up and maintain client accounts, compile and complete client, custodian and firm paperwork; and review and maintain client transactions and activity. The CAA also handles the execution of client-related and firm tasks such as asset transfers, preparation of reports, and general support of portfolio and investment strategies. This position has great potential to be on an accelerated career track in operations and has significant upward potential. Our formal training program insures the growth of our CAAs and supports their continuing progress at the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with clients and custodians to execute operational requests for new accounts, asset transfers, and other account related tasks
· Manage the firm’s portfolio accounting system, CRM, electronic document management systems, and maintain various aspects of the firm’s trading software
· Lead the day-to-day operations for our investment teams
· Communicate regularly with clients, both verbally and in writing
· Deliver superior client service which includes troubleshooting problems
· Serve as a liaison between Advisors and clients as needed
· Participate in the management of the firm’s technology program
· Function as the lead coordinator between broker dealer service teams and the firm
· Manage the firm’s billing and quarterly report operations
· Maintain statistical data for firm reporting and provide analysis to Management
· Handle various compliance-related tasks in coordination with the CCO
· Manage the firm’s internship program
· Assist in onboarding new employees in various capacities
· Serve as an escalation specialist for complex operational matters
· Handle investment performance related questions and all performance reporting
· Handle special projects as needed
Applicants should have all of the following:
· Minimum of 2 years experience in the financial services industry
· Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
· Strong standardized test scores
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong analytical skills
· Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
· Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
· Superior written, verbal and presentation skills
· Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
· Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
· Knowledge of PortfolioCenter, iRebal, Worldox, and Junxure a strong plus
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes salary and incentive and is based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, and Traditional & Roth 401(k).
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.