CIB data design - Data Scientist - Associate
Weare a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We aredata scientists, design strategists and business leaders set on creating andbuilding data products that transform the way we and our clients do business -balancing the art of decision making with science.
Whatwe build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions willreach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgandoes business, moving trillions of dollars a day. Our group will also workclosely with FinTech teams to find emerging tech companies that can help usaccelerate development of new products. Whyjoin?
Newtechnologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential toradically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge insidethe company driving change. Youwill:
- Be a data storyteller, deliver and visualize practical data insights in a compelling manner to senior leadership. Articulate findings clearly and concisely leveraging clear and compelling data visualizations
- Explore how money moves through our network and around the world. Turning data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of JPM products
- Develop approaches for understanding each individual client and their behavior to deliver a continually improved experience
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Develop, plan and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams. Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
- Collaborate with product managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in the wide range domains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products
- Quantitative background - Advanced degree in analytical field (e.g. econometrics, statistics, computer science). 4 years relevant experience. Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies. Ideally experienced with large scale graph inference. Mastery of software design principles and development skills using Python
- Hybrid at your core - Part statistician, part computer scientist, part data explorer, looking for order and patterns in data. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture.
- Experience building advanced data visualizations is strongly preferred (Plotly, D3.js, Vega Light)
- Analytical thought leader - You can define the analytical agenda for projects, frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality, etc.), and execute.
- Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
- Leadership -Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll upsleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence, poise, and personal presencethat inspires confidence in others. Charisma, gravitas, intellect, flexibility,and integrity that motivates others to trust, collaborate, and follow.