CIB Global Research - Applied AI & Machine Learning Lead
AboutJ.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets, securitiess ervicesand wholesale payments. The world'smost important corporations, governments a nd institutionsentrust us with their business in more than 100countries. The Corporate & Investment Bankprovides strategic advice, raises capital, manages riskand extends liquidity in markets around the world. About Data Analyticsat JPMorgan CIB
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bankcombines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company's uniquedata assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. In this role, youwill be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance thestate-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating businessintelligence to predictive models and automated decision making. Therole will be in the firm's Applied AI and Machine Learning organization andwill involve working closely with Global Research. Thesuccessful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditionalstatistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publicallyavailable and JPMorgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answeringquestions relevant to our Research analysts and the firm's clients. AboutGlobal Research
Thefirm's Research team provides clients with informed views and actionable ideason economic indicators, markets, companies and asset classes around the world. Itstop ranked research analysts, strategists and economists are located in 27countries in developed and emerging economies. CIB Research strives to be aleader in articulating its unique and independent perspectives in the regionswhere we want to do business.
Clientsof the CIB, Asset Management, and other lines of business value the expertise ofResearch in helping them achieve their objectives. They recognize itscommitment with top-tier rankings in surveys conducted by InstitutionalInvestor, Greenwich Associates, Orion and many others. Responsibilities
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- Collaborate with Research analysts to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate final results and give context.
- Document approach and techniques used.
- Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases.
- Collaborate with other JP Morgan machine learning teams.
• MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics,Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, or similar BS with experience ina highly quantitative position.
• Hands-on experience analyzing data.
• Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professionalprogramming language. Nice to Have
• Experiencewith natural language processing (NLP).
• Ideally,some experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples:TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas,statsmodels).
• Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc. ProblemSolving& Collaboration
• Should be ableto work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieveproject goals.
• Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complexanalytical problems.
• Must have the ability to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metricsof your model's performance which are aligned with business goals.
• Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with someguidance as to problem relevance.
• Must be able to undertake basic and advanced EDA, may require some directionfrom more senior team; should be aware of limitation and implication ofmethodology choices.
• Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within team and locale.
• Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys informationclearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
• Shows institutional awareness and some understanding of applied problemsolving, may require coaching and guidance as to how to most rapidly reach asatisfactory conclusion