CIB Global Channel Services - Sr. Data Analyst
The Global Channels Services team is responsible for global oversight and governance of the Channel Suite of Products to uphold the highest standards safeguarding the Channels while supporting Clients' cash management needs. As guardians of the Channel, the team is a central point of contact for Technology Investment planning, Data& Analytics, Platform Stability, Risk, Audit & Controls, and Channel Pricing and Billing. Key drivers to success are the effective management of technology investments, disciplines and controls used for business readiness, process and procedures, and change management plans for Release and Client Event Management. This includes creation of business plans, action plans, contributing to internal and external communication strategies and content.
The Data Analyst should be an experienced practitioner in data analytics. The position offers an opportunity to apply analytical thinking, and strategic skills to broad range of challenges faced by the enterprise. Responsibilities Include:
- Develop insights, methods or tools derived from large datasets using various analytic methods such as predictive analytics, text mining, statistical forecasting, optimization, simulations etc.
- Handling data from multiple sources and disparate databases to construct conclusions and strategies
- Be a data storyteller; deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
- Comfortable communicating complex analytical results
- Deliver tactical and strategic product and market insights through analytics, reporting and state of the art visualization techniques
- Provide subject matter expertise for data driven decision and opportunities
- Partner with a variety of internal business and technology teams to solve quantitative problems related to optimizing product processes and performance
- Align with data owners and department managers, contribute to definition and development of Key Performance Metrics and architecture for analytics
- Bachelor's degree in relevant quantitative field required, advanced degree preferred in analytical field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Physics, Computer Science fields)
- 5 years of industry experience in business analytics roles (e.g., marketing analytics, sales analytics, business insights)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to explain complicated mathematical concepts, algorithms and data structures with an ability to influence both internal & external business partners
- Industry experience in data science or business analytics roles (e.g., marketing analytics, sales analytics, business insights). Experience in the financial sector preferred.
- Hands-on experience in delivering analytics and insights to multiple levels of management
- Experience working with large data sets in a database environment including proficiency in SQL
- Strong analytics, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikView.
- Technical understanding of data extraction, transformation and load processing (ETL) using products such as SSIS, Alteryx Designer, Tableau Prep
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience in Big Data platforms and related technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, etc.
- Financial services background preferred, but not required
- Must have excellent oral and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level.