CIB Data Analytics Director - Executive Director
The CIB Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB, Chief Investment Office (CIO) and Treasury businesses globally. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage, which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
The CIB Data Analytics Director role, reporting to the Audit Data Analytics, Senior Director is focused primarily on providing Data Analytics delivery and solutions to the CIB Audit team globally. This position is required to lead multiple complex data analysis projects, and the delivery of analytics related assurance activities. This is expected to contribute to the development and identification of analytic solutions that enable the CIB audit team to be data driven in an effective and efficient approach.
Collaboration with the other analytics leads and teams is required to ensure consistency and leverage knowledge and capabilities of the entire analytics team. The role requires continual learning across business, audit, technology, and data management disciplines in a dynamic environment.
- Manage a team of CIB data analyst, including career development and performance reviews.
- Set performance expectations for the team and provide coaching, developmental guidance, and performance reviews.
- Challenge team to be innovative in coverage and approach, coach on how to drive change.
- Manage resource allocation across audit execution and audit operations, considering skill set and development objectives and risk allocation
- Collaborate with auditors and other data analytics teams to share ideas and solutions.
- Apply audit and business knowledge to influence the use of data and automation.
- Ensure consistency of audit approach regarding data management and compliance with audit methodology.
- Partner and engage with the CIB business, technology, and data teams to understand current and future data initiatives.
- Ensure data management controls are communicated and implemented and adhered too for all data related projects.
- Engage in Industry and business forums to maintain current knowledge of the business.
- Review and approve audit work papers and administration documents.
- Perform AUI risk assessments based on business risk profile and control assessment results.
- Apply data domain and business knowledge for CIB products and processes to influence the usage of data analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer or Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Operations Management or other quantitative discipline. A professional certification is expected (CPA, CIA or CISA)
- 10 years' experience in audit and/or relevant business experience, including roles as a data analytics lead
- Working understanding of data, digital, and/or technology risks and related controls
- Experience and hands on capabilities with visualization tools, data wrangling, databases, and computer languages (SQL, Python, R).
- Strong team player, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment
- Works well in teams and individually, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex issues to senior management
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to querying data, problem solver, and reading code\logic
- Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and be able to adapt to changing priorities