CIB DPS Network Management – Cash – Associate – New York
J.P. Morgan's Cash Network Management (CNM) team is a global function within Digital & Platform Services (DPS) , responsible for managing the Firm's payment network. These critical providers include cash-related Financial Market Infrastructures (payment systems, central counterparties (CCPs), and check clearing systems) and Agent Banks (cash correspondent, partner, and clearing banks).
CNM has three key objectives:
- GOVERNANCE The team aligns with the Firm's Third Party Oversight (TPO) program to select, maintain and exit Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) and Agent Banks. This contributes to the Firm's regulatory requirement to manage critical third parties.
- SERVICE DELIVERY The team delivers Cash Network products and services to the business based on a shared vision and strategy. This includes traditional as well as cutting-edge payments innovations. From the business perspective, the Cash Network Manager must understand their market portfolio, track and evaluate market developments, and represent the Firm's business and clients in market or industry discussions.
- NETWORK OPTIMIZATION The team procures, manages, and oversees various aspects of the Firm's FMIs' and Agent Banks' memberships and relationships. The team works with third-party providers to improve service delivery, streamline processes for cost and monitor key performance indicators to ensure high payment performance. This includes managing day-to-day escalations and creating sustainable solutions to set JPM's network apart from the competition.
In the Americas, the Cash Network Associate is responsible for FMI and Agent Bank day-to-day performance management and strategic projects associated with cost control and network process improvement. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Cash Network Managers with day-to-day issue management related to cash network payments.
- Proactively identify cash network areas for improvement, and formulate and execute projects to improve payment processing.
- Identify and highlight network risk and contribute towards remediation efforts.
- Prepare information for Cash Network Managers to conduct contract negotiations, fee schedules and service level agreements with FMIs and Agent Banks.
- Support Market Managers in managing JPM's cash-related spend with FMIs and Agent Banks.
- Contribute to Market and Agent profiles.
- When required, contribute to internal crisis management responses when market events or outages impact JPM's ability to process payments through its network.
- Participate in global projects and/or information gathering to support the business when it relies on an FMI or Agent Bank for service delivery.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
- Proven high performer
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to display large quantities of data succinctly
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Technical skills in Treasury Services Product, Sales or Operations highly beneficial