CIB - Wholesale Payments - Trade Finance Risk Manager - Executive Director/ Vice President
About JPMorgan Wholesale Payments
The Wholesale Payment (www.jpmorganchase.com/ts) business of JPMorgan Chase is a top-ranked, full-service provider of innovative payment, collection, liquidity and investment management, logistics, commercial cards, information solutions and Trade Finance. With more than 50,000 clients and operations in 56 countries, JPMorgan Chase Wholesale Payments is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services.
Following a change in strategy, Global Trade is being powered for growth supported by the introduction of new products (notably in the receivables space). Department Description:
Operating in a dynamic and fast moving environment, Trade Finance Risk is part of CIB Credit Risk Management. Based in New York, the position is accountable to the Global Head of Trade Risk for the execution of applicable product standards and control oversight of trade finance activities. The team takes prime responsibility for approving trade finance transactions, structures working in close coordination with credit to advice on product suitability, documentation waivers etc whilst monitoring& reporting of credit exposures. The role also involves working with a number of other constituents
to validate appropriate controls are in place and complied with. The portfolio is made up of banks and corporates (CIB as well as CB customers) and encompasses a wide range of markets within the NA and LATAM regions. Key Responsibilities:
To assist in the execution of the Global Trade Risk agenda regionally, including administering and supervising the risk policy approval process and co-ordinating training efforts on various trade products. The position requires close partnership with Global Trade Management, trade sales, GlobalCredit Risk Management, legal and operation functions. To apply and drives a strong risk culture and to independently identify, assess and address risk issues as they arise. Be the Risk SME for all products
within Global Trade.
• Approve trade transactions within delegated authority across the assigned portfolio and
• Be the risk voting member on relevant business committees in region.
• Effective partnering with business and functional colleagues to guide consistent and rigorous
JPMorgan risk management framework and practices, including developing and maintaining
risk policies, new business initiative approval process, risk event analysis and risk
• Provide risk management decision on variations from standard documentation and/or
• Identify potential risks in the business and escalate to senior management where appropriate.
• Assist sales on requests to Credit for credit lines to support new business.
• Partner with key stakeholders to approve new structure and control solutions -
• Conduct regular detailed risk control review of the portfolio by country, client and/ or
• Participate in Regional Business as well as Risk Reviews.
• Interact with Trade sales lead team to voice risk views and solutions to transactions in the
• Thought leadership and risk advisory to enable the business to develop an appropriate
balance between risk and reward.
• Partner with counterparts in other regions to share best practices.
• Provide training on trade risks & products to more junior members of the team as well as to other JPM internal partners. Essential Skills:
• Demonstrated track record in Credit Risk Management with existing delegated credit approval authority.
• Ability to operate in a time-sensitive environment.
• Initiative and experience in driving strategic agenda and proactively identifying issues.
• Good level of understanding on the various trade products and the multiple risks associated with them.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively ( in writing and verbally ) at all levels of the organization.
• Good interpersonal skills with aptitude to influence decision process and align risk strategy with business objectives.
• Self starter with demonstrated track record in successfully leading collaborative efforts with partners who have different backgrounds, risk understanding, skill sets and priorities. Desirable Skills:
• Knowledge of key WHEM/ LATAM markets.
• Previous exposure to ECA backed loans, Supply Chain Finance & Receivable products would be advantageous.
• Spanish a plus.