CIB - Wholesale Payments - Integration Management Office, Project Manager - Associate / VP
J.P. Morgan WholesalePayments is one of the world's largest, most trusted and innovativefull-service providers of domestic and international cash management,liquidity, commercial card, merchant acquiring and processing FX and escrowsolutions. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, publicsector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across theglobe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies andvalue beyond other standardized solutions available in the market Acquisition Background / Integration Management Office
JPMorgan Chase announced an agreement to acquire InstaMed,a leading U.S. healthcare technology company that specializes in healthcarepayments and transactions. The acquisition underscores the firm's commitment toproviding a full suite of capabilities, within a highly specialized sector, tohealthcare clients across the Corporate & Investment Bank, CommercialBanking and Consumer & Community Banking.
The firm can bring the full force of its newWholesale Payments business to InstaMed, including our merchant acquiring andglobal payments solutions. The acquisition will allow the firm's merchantacquiring business to process credit card payments made by InstaMed's clientbase.
InstaMed serves a broad range of healthcareclients: small practices, large hospital systems, small and large nationalhealth plans, patients and health plan members. The acquisition will allowJPMorgan Chase to introduce its wide variety of treasury services and paymentscapabilities to new clients, creating further revenue opportunities.
Legacy approaches to bill pay, claims andcollection, among other areas, have been slow to modernize, despite consumerdemand for digital, simple and omni-channel capabilities. According to theTrends in Healthcare Payments Ninth Annual Report, 90% of providers leveragepaper and manual processes for collections. InstaMed's modern platformalleviates a number of these pain points, with particular focus on eliminatingpaper and driving consumer satisfaction through a simple experience.
In the same way that open banking is a key priorityfor the firm's payments business, InstaMed is focused on seamless connectivityfor its users. The company developed the healthcare industry's first real-timeand open API that can be integrated into any healthcare IT system, simplifyinga highly fragmented process within a highly secure Health Insurance Portabilityand Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant framework.
Its innovative, customer-focused approach is behindthe development of advanced software that allows for B2B and C2B payments to bemade through any channel, including InstaMed's mobile application. The companyis also exploring blockchain use cases. Role(s)
We are currently seeking strong Program Managers, possibly for a few positions, who will be keymembers of the Integration Office that is managing the closing process andintegration of InstaMed.
The Program Manager role will be responsible fordirecting and managing large and/or complex programs and projects in the IntegrationManagement Office (IMO).
The Program Manager will manage programs across aset of integration work-streams (Business, Controls and Functions) from theearly planning stages through implementation. The Program Manager, as acritical leader of the Integration Office, will be assigned to a specific work-streamand work across the organization to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control,report and close programs while ensuring appropriate governance models, executivereporting, progress oversight of operations, budget management, and resourcecoordination across the entire Integration Office initiatives. The goal is toensure that all work-streams deliver the desired outcome throughout ourintegration process.
The role(s) will likely base in New York City and/or Plano Texas, with possible flexibility for other locations for the right candidate. Responsibilities:
- Build a detailed project plan with clear activities to be delivered, the definition of accomplished tasks, milestones, owners and due dates
- Lay out the critical path and identify and coordinate interdependencies of different work-stream and come up with a consolidated work-plan
- Define and execute the program governance (schedule progress review meetings, define meeting material, and meeting minutes) and controls (develop project artifacts, document project information, manage and pass an audit)
- Monitor the progress of key activities, escalate deviations to plan and provide early warnings to the integration management team
- Run the daily program management of large, complex projects and programs throughout a cycle
- Create and deliver executive communications & status reporting (e.g. project performance metrics/KPIs)
- Proactively identify obstacles and collaborate with team to identify options/solutions
- Work with IMO teams when needed to drive focus on outcomes and speed up delivery
- Map processes
- Facilitate working sessions, brainstorming sessions and workshops
- Identify and help implement continuous process enhancements/improvements
- Successfully navigate within the organization to influence and get things done
- Operate in a lean but highly regulated/controlled environment
- Ensure operations/client readiness
- Take on a leadership role within the organization, a morale leader
We are looking for leader with a can do attitude and hands on approach,highly resourceful with practical experience in project management. He or shemust have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience as program manager
- Working knowledge of Payments industry and/ or healthcare payments is preferred
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Proven experience managing large, complex projects and programs
- Experience with program/projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Experience in agile and lean methodologies is a plus
- Excellent executive presence and experience creating/delivering executive presentations in MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Microsoft Project is required
- Strong leadership and management skills