CIB - Investment Banking - Corporate Finance Advisory - Analyst / Junior Associate
Investment Banking Analyst or junior Associate - Corporate Finance Advisory
The CorporateFinance Advisory (CFA) group is a global multi-disciplinary team focused ondifferentiating J.P. Morgan's investment banking services. It is comprised ofexperts in corporate finance, M&A, financing solutions, tax, accounting,structured products and derivatives. The group sits in between the industry coverageteams and product teams (Equity/Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives, etc.) and focuseson complex or special situations that may require a novel solution orcross-sector analytics. This may include capital structure/capital allocation,structured M&A/strategic alternatives, financing solutions, and/or producingcontent on trending topics or emerging themes relevant to management teams.
As a J.P. MorganInvestment Banking Analyst or junior Associate, your responsibilities mayinclude, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing financial analysis using industry standard and proprietary models
- Building financial models to address new problems and questions from management teams on various corporate finance topics
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Producing quantitative and qualitative analysis for financing and capital structure recommendations
- Guiding clients through ratings considerations and financing solutions, including for transformative transactions
- Conducting industry and product research, including producing content around trending topics
- Learning and interacting with J.P. Morgan's clients, products, services, and business practices
- Executing client transactions from start to closing
- The work in Investment Banking is fast-paced, demanding, and intellectually stimulating and requires individuals who thrive in that type of environment.
- We look for candidates with strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills.
- In Corporate Finance Advisory, intellectual curiosity, a be-proactive mindset, and ability to "think outside the box" are key
- You should also be adaptable, able to manage projects independently and ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a productive member of a team.
- Undergraduate degree in the sciences, engineering, or finance is strongly preferred. Graduate degree in similar fields will be a plus, as will familiarity with basic statistics.
- Existing experience in investment banking, capital markets or sales & trading is a plus.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue