CIB - Global Trade - Americas Export Finance - VP
Global Trade (GT)
is a division of Wholesale Payments.For more than 200 years, J.P. Morgan has helped clients make trade payments,access liquidity, and manage risk. We connect counterparties withmarket-leading Trade Finance, Supply Chain Finance, and Export Financesolutions. Our institutional strength, practical expertise, comprehensivetechnology, and unparalleled network enable us to deliver powerful globalsolutions, when and where our clients need them. Our global product andtechnology platform, integrated client service model and network of operationalcenters position us to deliver a consistent set of services to clients nomatter where they are across the world. Export Finance (EF)
provides medium and long termfinancing to international borrowers purchasing capital goods. The majority ofour transactions are in capital intensive industries such as Power, Oil &Gas, Telecommunications and Transportation as well as other infrastructureneeds in emerging markets.
We utilize Export Credit Agencies (ECA) and othermultilateral/development organizations (MLA) to support our financingstructures through loan guarantees, direct loans, or insurance. ECAs areentities established by respective governments to promote national exports, inturn stimulating economic growth and creating and/or maintainingemployment.
The EF team is a front office organization that partnerswith relationship managers to provide ECA backed finance solutions for priorityclients. We are responsible for product management and transaction structuring.EF is typically a lead product when JPMorgan is trying to build credentials ina new jurisdiction as it allows us to access a very senior level of the clientorganization and build relationships while managing our risk.
EF works with loan and bond distribution teams to manage theimpact of these usually large deals on JPMorgan's balance sheet.
The global EF team is organized geographically with regionalteams in New York, London, and Singapore. We manage relationships with activeborrowers of ECA financing, ECAs, and bank/investor partners. This role focuseson marketing to Americas based borrowers (North, Central, and South America)for the EF product suite, while also supporting our global client base for obligorsseeking to leverage ECAs and multilateral agencies based in the region. Therole reports to the Americas EF head. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Deliver on our origination and growth strategy for North America and Latin America
- Market, model, structure and execute EF transactions across all sectors
- Interact with borrowers across the region to develop innovative financing structures
- Coordinate pitching efforts and strategy with senior coverage bankers and management
- Present transactions to regional and global approval committees
- Establish and build relationships with major America's based ECAs and MLAs
- Undertake responsible management of any post-closing issues alongside middle office
- Be a culture & conduct leader
- Educate internal colleagues on the product and drive development of EF junior talent
Additional Background: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)
- Proven experience in Export Finance with strong interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong track record originating and structuring deals with multiple agencies
- Extensive underwriting and documentation skills
- A proven thought leader
- Desire to own deal execution end-to-end with efficient transaction management
- Good communication skills and positive client impact
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who can effectively build relationships in person and remotely
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree is required, Masters or MBA degree is preferred
is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion andoperations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial servicesfor consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transactionprocessing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones IndustrialAverage, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the UnitedStates and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional andgovernment clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information aboutJPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com . J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world'smost important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with theirbusiness in more than 100 countries. With over $25 trillion of assets undercustody and $450 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bankprovides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidityin markets around the world.