CIB - Global Clearing Product Development - Associate/Vice President
CIB- Global Clearing Product development - Associate/VP -NY
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The business has formed Global Clearing Product development team whose function is to engineer and execute the strategic Global Clearing business agenda with an emphasis on new and or enhanced clearing, execution, and client facing capabilities. Additionally the team is responsible for fulfilling the many new regulatory requirements impacting the Global Clearing business, improving overall efficiency/controls and finding/executing on cost saving opportunities.
As part of the front office, the Product Development engages in daily interaction with colleagues across all functions including: the Legal, Compliance Operations, Technology, Finance/Business Management, Sales and Client Service teams. This also includes interaction with the P&L heads of the Global Clearing business as required. The role offers a 360 degree view of the Global Clearing business and all functions involved with the support of the business.
Global Clearing Product Development is responsible for leading key global business initiatives that span a broad range of products within both the F&O/OTC clearing and space. This includes Futures and Options Exchange Traded products in addition to cross asset class (Credit, Foreign Exchange and Rates) cleared and intermediated derivatives. The qualified individual will report to the Global Head of Product Development and facilitate the development and execution of global and regional business items.
The main business items for this specific role are:
- Ownership/assistance with strategic data platform and business impact assessment/s
- Execution/ownership of client account structure and related business initiatives, including business/client, technology, and operational readiness
- Assist and or lead the roll out of new global initiatives, platforms and/or processes
- Assist broadly as required with any and all Global Clearing business initiatives
- Strategic thinking with commercial awareness of product positioning, competitive and market landscape
- Work closely with internal counterparts to formalize new business/product agendas
- Establish a network of key contacts across internal clearing service groups and external vendor organizations
- Stay aligned with client demand and the evolving regulatory space
- Lead and delivery business initiatives completely and strategically by required deadlines
- Background in F&O and/or OTC clearing/intermediation
- Strong organizational and communication skills to establish an agenda and propose trade-offs and priorities to the broader team
- Self directed and capable of operating independently to work within the various clearing service groups
- Experience in defining data models and working with large data sets
- Good Leadership skills
- Fluent in English - both written and verbal