CIB - FIG Investment Banking - Analyst
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The FIG Analyst will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm's M&A execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. The Analyst will have strong functional skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to assist with transactions. Analyst within FIG have the opportunity to play an integral role working with some of the most sophisticated clients in the world in assessing and executing their highest priority strategic alternatives, including raising debt and equity and advising on mergers and acquisitions. Typical responsibilities include:
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- Have a working knowledge of the relevant industry sectors and the Firm's product and service offerings. The Analyst will be expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work alongside senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions.
- Participate in building the business over the long term by developing individual expertise in an appropriate industry and contributing to enhancing the J.P. Morgan franchise.
- Performing financial valuation and analysis
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Conducting industry and product research
- Learning and interacting with J.P. Morgan's clients, products, services, and business practices
- Executing client transactions from start to closing
- 1-3 yrs of Investment Banking experience is Required - (Preferably in Bulge Bracket or comparable firm)
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university
- Strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V