CIB - Emerging Markets Fixed Income Strategist - Junior Analyst - Analyst
CIB - Emerging Markets Fixed Income Strategist - Junior Analyst
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The CIB's Research team provides award-winning, market-leading insight, delivered through a broad spectrum of research products and innovative platforms. Our leading Research Analysts strive to deliver through timely, insightful, analytical research with actionable ideas.
The award-winning Emerging Markets Fixed Income Research group includes economists and market strategists located in 12 countries globally. The Strategy team is looking to hire a junior strategist based in New York. The role would suit an analyst looking for a broad exposure to global macro developments, as well as more specific coverage of Emerging Markets fixed income products, including but not limited to, sovereign and corporate bonds, foreign exchange, and local currency bond and rate markets. The role will have scope to develop more focused expertise in Emerging Markets credit markets spanning over 70 countries.
Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates who possess strong finance, quantitative, and business writing/communication skills. Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and a team player mentality are necessary attributes in order to excel in this role.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining models and analytical tools
- Analyzing macro, fundamental and technical drivers affecting Emerging Market fixed income markets
- Performing in-depth analysis on Emerging Market countries, liaising with economists and other strategists to formulate forecasts and views
- Producing regular research reports with trade recommendations on fixed income and derivative products, coordinating and contributing to group-wide flagship publications
- Interacting with and assisting internal sales and trading personnel, and interfacing with external institutional clients on customized requests
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a finance/economics discipline
- Strong quantitative skills with proven aptitude to gather and analyze large datasets, and develop complex financial models
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, especially in Microsoft Excel; working knowledge of EViews, R or MATLAB is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; foreign language skills are a plus
- High energy and attention to detail
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue