CIB – LatAm Structuring –Vice President
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Cross Asset LATAM Structuring team partners with the LATAM sales force to structure and execute tailor-made solutions to clients in the region in both derivatives and financing spaces. Our team also has frequent interaction with local clients and other internal partners from Trading, Credit, Legal, Tax, Finance, and Operations.
Role and responsibilities
· Focus on origination, helping LATAM Sales and Bankers identify derivatives and financing opportunities
· Availability to travel to the region to meet corporate clients and banks' CFOs/Treasurers
· Interact with local legal and tax counsels for the execution of deals and development of new products
· Manage the deal execution process (pricing, documentation, booking and accounting) in coordination with Sales, Trading, Credit, Legal, Tax, Finance, Compliance and Operations
- 7 years of experience with structured products typically sold to LATAM-based clients
- Able to identify and analyse credit and derivative opportunities primarily in Mexico, Chile and Argentina, while considering the RWA impact and profitability
- Ability to produce term sheets and presentations for client meetings and negotiate legal documents in multiple languages and based on local legislations
- Experience in obtaining approvals from credit and market risk committees, including carrying out deal due diligence and discussing the main covenants
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel/PowerPoint and ability to learn how to use our pricing tools
- Solid knowledge about derivatives and financing products as well as the legal/tax restrictions of the countries in the region
- Strong communication skills / Spanish speaking is a plus