CIB- Public Finance DCM - Analyst/Associate
Public Finance DCM - Analyst/Associate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world . Public Finance Overview
J.P. Morgan has an industry-leading Public Finance platform serving the investment banking needs of municipalities, non-profits, and taxable/tax-exempt fixed income investors.
- Public Finance Issuer clients include: state & local government, transportation, energy, housing, higher education, non-profit healthcare and corporate-backed sectors
- Public Finance Investor clients include: asset managers, mutual funds, money market funds, insurance companies, corporations, hedge funds, high net worth individuals, and retail investors
The municipal market is a $3.8 trillion market with over $300 billion in annual issuance and over 40,000 different issuers. J.P. Morgan maintains a roughly 15% market share (#1 in 2013, #1 in 2014, #2 in 2015, #2 in 2016) and the group does nearly 300 senior managed transactions per year. Public Finance Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
DCM is an 8-person team that serves a number of roles within the Public Finance group and generally functions as a capital market solutions group, bridging the gap between banking and sales/trading. DCM coordinates market analytics, product development/standards, direct purchases, technology initiatives, market quant development, regulatory initiatives, and client risk management frameworks working across all functions in the department.
· Facilitate quality and responsive pricing indications for issuer clients
· Provide high quality content directly to issuers and provide leverage to banking groups through centralization of market information
· Develop products that meet evolving needs of issuers & investors
· Drive deal process and provide quality control for bond products (documentation, direct purchases, tender offers, forward settlement, international distributions, make whole redemptions, securitization, call option & coupon structure, etc.)
· Use of modeling resources for option adjusted yield & refunding efficiency analysis, issuer risk management applications, trade data and algorithm pricing for muni bonds
· Produce compelling analytics for clients
· Develop strategy for and delivery of J.P. Morgan Markets (JPMM) platform to issuer and investor clients
Candidates should demonstrate certain key skills:
- Interpersonal : Ability to multi-task, flexibility, assertiveness, positive attitude, strong team player
- Communication : Strong verbal and written skills; excellent project manager
- Technical : Experience with Excel, Powerpoint and Bloomberg; experience or knowledge in fixed income products is required, and experience in municipal bonds is preferred
- Learning Curve : Ability to process new information quickly and effectively; interest in Public Finance clients & industry
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.