CIB- High Grade Strategy & Credit Derivatives Research – Analyst/Associate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The High Grade Strategy & Credit Derivatives Research team is responsible for directional and sector views in the High Grade credit market, and also looks after the JPMorgan High Grade Bond indices. The team focuses extensively on both credit fundamentals and market technicals to inform is work. In Credit Derivatives, the team covers the single name CDS market, CDX index products, credit options, tranches and other quantitative issues across credit markets. The group presents views and recommendations in daily, weekly, quarterly and ad-hoc publications across cash and derivative products. The approach is data driven and highly customer service focused.
The group is seeking an analyst or junior associate. Responsibilities: The role includes:
- Coordinate and run a range of daily reports covering CDS, CDX, and bond market analytics
- Help create the analysis, write the research, and produce the weekly Credit Market Outlook & Strategy and Credit Derivatives Weekly Update publications
- Be creative in producing and presenting data for publications, presentations, and client requests
- Contribute to the generation of trade ideas across bonds and derivative products
- Work on longer term projects to enhance the analytical tools and frameworks available to JPM and its clients
- Communicate with internal and external clients on data, analytics, market views and other relevant issues.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in statistics and financial mathematics
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong work ethic and team-oriented personality
- Strong interest in markets and comfort working in a fast- paced trading floor environment
- Experience with derivative products and/or credit markets is a plus
- Experience with programming languages and/or statistical packages is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Mathematics or in one of the Sciences with advanced mathematics courses