CIB- Emerging Markets Credit Research – Associate/Vice President
J.P. Morgan's Fixed Income and Emerging Markets Research team plays an important role across all businesses, asset classes and regions. The firm's Credit Research franchise is set apart from its competitors by the unparalleled breadth and depth of its research.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated and hard-working person to support the Latin America Credit Research team. The roles will cover the full spectrum of high grade and high yield issuers in Latin America and will offer the candidate a good balance between analyzing the markets and issuer fundamentals.
· Analyzing Latin American Corporate Bonds
· Financial modeling
· Reviewing financial/operating results and analyzing sector trends
· Writing research reports including company/sector initiations, earnings reviews and updates
· Build and update financial models on companies within the sector/region
· Generate investment ideas for our clients
Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
We are looking for candidates who are able to take initiative, cooperate well within a team environment and can work well with a sense of urgency. A successful candidate will be able to look at the bigger picture to ensure that an analysis makes sense, while also paying close attention to detail to ensure the production of a high quality product.
· Strong understanding of financial accounting
· Experience in building and maintaining financial models
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg
· Language skills in Spanish and/or Portuguese
· Prior experience in the region or with a particular sector
· Understanding of bankruptcy process