CIB-Wholesale Payments-Data Product Specialist, Analyst/Associate
Data Product Specialist is an expert inlearning about a business opportunity, getting hands on in prototypingsolutions, and working across a wider team of Product Managers, DataScientists, Data Engineers, and Design Strategists to develop products forJPM's clients.
- Analytics translator - Requires practical experience in a quantitative discipline likestatistics/economics/engineering and strong communication skills to interfacebetween data scientists and banking professionals. Ability to quicklyunderstand and communicate business priorities and context to data scientists,and to explain data science clearly and concisely to business sponsors andpartners.
- Organizational navigator - Able to find the right experts to talk to across a complex andhierarchical corporate organization. Being persistent but easy to work with iscrucial to breaking down the silos of expertise within J.P. Morgan to solvecomplex problems such as cash flow forecasting.
- Subject matter expert - Needs to learn the details of payment and deposit systems quickly andto map complex interrelationships to gain clarity and prioritize. Developingbank data into a data asset will require deep expertise in current-statesystems and the ability to understand how it all works will allow us to inserttactical and strategic product solutions in the mix between legacy back-end.
- Consulting/content creator - Requires clarity of thought and ability to communicate withpresentations and slide decks.
We are a new and rapidly growing team ofchange agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists,and business leaders creating and building data products that transform the waywe and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making withscience.
What we build matters and will have hugeimpact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients aroundthe world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions ofdollars a day. Our group will also work closely with FinTech teams to findemerging tech companies that can help us accelerate development of newproducts. Whyjoin?
New technologies, analytics and businessmodels are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services.You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. You will:
- Becomean expert in how money moves through J.P. Morgan's core paymentsinfrastructure, tools, systems and data. Develop deep subject matter expertise in the wide rangedomains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, engineers, endusers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand their business needs,formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering,analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Deliver practicalrecommendations and data insights in a compelling manner to multiple levels ofstakeholders. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations,discussions and visualizations.
- Identify business problemsand opportunities to create unique sources of value that can keep the strategyahead of external trends and competitors. We clear 20% of all USD wiresglobally - how can we put this data to good use?
Who you are
Passionate, creative, and analytical. You love data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a business story and to impact key business decisions. Specifically:
• Data expertise - A deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends. Working knowledge of statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.). Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
• Hybrid at your core - You will bring a strong analytical and business skillset. Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing inter-disciplinary / cross functional field.
• Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
• Mindset - Primary focus of building something of significance. Self-confidence and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust and collaborate.
• Experience - 3 years work experience, BA/BS or Master's with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. statistics, computer science, math, data science, management consulting background) preferred.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.