CB Associate 1st Year - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries - Northeast Group - New York or Greater Washington, DC
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group is part of Commercial Banking at JPMorgan Chase and focuses on companies typically with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market in a truly unique way - through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. Our investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. Our corporate bankers provide commercial banking products and structure loan facilities for our clients. This approach brings together integrated financial services ranging from cash management to raising capital and partners closely with Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset and Wealth Management, among others.
The position is primarily geared to providing leadership to deal teams and accountability for pitch book preparation and transaction execution, while ensuring coordination among analysts, senior deal team members, and credit underwriting. The Associate would also support the Debt Capital Markets team from initial pitch phase to execution. As a member of the team, the position plays an integral part to help gain, manage and maintain client relationships in the Northeast region.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience with a strong corporate finance background. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to identify and assess credit transaction risks, structuring and documentation of credit requests.
Each CB registered banker is required to hold the FINRA Series 79 (Limited Representative - Investment Banking) and Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam) Licenses. In addition to the Series 79 and Series 63, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam is a general knowledge exam and co-requisite to representative level exams required for newly registered employees or for those whose registration has lapsed.
The final level of the position will be determined at the time of an offer.
- Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience with a strong corporate finance / credit background
- Candidate that has attended a Commercial or Investment Banking Analyst Training Program preferred
- Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests and must have strong credit, analytical, and modeling skills
- Knowledge of Investment Banking products and preferably execution experience. Position will provide support around capital structure analysis concentrating on syndicated leveraged finance transactions, interest rate and currency hedging, high grade and high yield bonds, and asset backed securities
- Work with Corporate Bankers to help generate new revenue opportunities either from prospects or existing clients
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Superior Excel and Power Point skills
- Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers
- Series 79 and 63 licensed (or must obtain)
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.