CB Associate - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries - Technology - New York
The group focuses on technology companies headquartered in the U.S. which requires both traditional banking services and access to investment banking products. Clients of the team are both public and private, while typically having a valuation in excess of $750mm. Our business partners include Product Specialists from the Global Corporate & Investment Bank (Debt Capital Markets, Private Placements, Investment Grade and High Yield Bonds, Asset Backed Securities, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, etc), as well as Coverage Partners from Investment Banking, Treasury Services, Investment Management & Private Banking. The Technology team members partner closely with colleagues across JPMorgan Chase, and are expected to possess a desire to learn about the full breadth of the firms offerings.
The position is primarily geared to providing leadership to deal teams and accountability for pitch book preparation, financial modeling and transaction execution, while ensuring coordination among analysts, senior deal team members, and credit underwriting. As a member of the team, the position plays an integral part in gaining, managing and maintaining the relationships within the technology space.
The position provides coverage of technology clients primarily in the Northeast Region, by providing support to the banking team located in New York, and for national Technology Group initiatives.
Each CB registered banker is required to hold the FINRA Series 79 (Limited Representative - Investment Banking) and Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam) Licenses. In addition to the Series 79 and Series 63, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam is a general knowledge exam and co-requisite to representative level exams required for newly registered employees or for those whose registration has lapsed.
The final office title/level of this position will be determined at time of hire, it may be different from what is listed.
- Ideal Candidate will have at least 3 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience, preferably covering technology companies, with a strong corporate finance background
- Attended a Commercial or Investment Banking Analyst Training Program preferred
- Knowledge of Investment Banking products and preferably execution experience
- Position will provide support around capital structure analysis concentrating on syndicated leveraged finance transactions, interest rate and currency hedging, high grade and high yield bonds, and asset backed securities
- Strong credit, analytical, and modeling skills
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Experience with market research tools preferred (FactSet, Bloomberg, ThomsonOne)
- The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player
- Partnership skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers
- Series 79 and 63 licensed (or must obtain)
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- The final level of the position will be determined at the time of an offer.