Business & Markets Analyst
Phillips McDougall is a global market analysis service within IHS Markit's Energy and Natural Resources division. It is the leading provider of data and analysis for the global crop protection and seeds industry covering agrochemicals, GM crops, new technologies and biological control products. From detailed analysis on company performance, new products and technologies, regulatory landscapes, crop and country markets to granular market data, we help our clients gain critical competitive advantage in a fast-changing market where they play a critical role in sustainable agriculture.
Phillips McDougall is part of the crop science team and is known for its insight and excellence in market analysis. The Business & Markets Analyst will work with the Phillips McDougall business and colleagues in the crop science and wider agribusiness groups to produce impactful company performance analysis which provides our clients with unique insight. You will support the analyst team in research and analysis of the business performance of the major companies active in the crop protection sector and also to contribute to the wider activity on markets analysis (crops, countries) and writing and uploading daily analyst briefings on topical industry events.
The role involves regular, close interaction with colleagues in the wider Crop Science and Agribusiness groups working across our insights, market data, analysis and consulting teams to create authoritative, original analysis content which informs and supports our clients in their business planning activities. Our analysts become experts in the areas they cover and develop extensive contacts and networks in the industry to enhance their reputation and insights.
We are committed to constantly enhancing our services and you will play a role in supporting product development projects across the crop protection and seed portfolio and our client support activities. You will engage regularly with the industry with the aim of developing contacts, building your understanding of market dynamics, and establishing and cultivating your industry profile. About You
What we offer
- You have a graduate degree in science, economics, agribusiness, agricultural economics or other relevant subject with enthusiasm, motivation and a real interest in learning new publishing and business skills
- Highly numerate and comfortable with financial and technical information, and analyzing and contextualizing it in a structured, interesting way
- Able to collate, analyze and summarize data from multiple sources with great attention to detail
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good networking skills and the ability to maintain a wide network of contacts.
- Collaborative and team oriented while being comfortable with working autonomously when required
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from an office or home location
- Opportunity to work with experts in the field
- Strong career path and training structure supporting continuous professional development
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.