Business Unit Manager - CTI Analytics
The candidate will be in a key position to support and partner with the trading desks in their capacity as BUM and will collaborate closely with the rest of the CTI Analytics team, as well as other areas such as Product Control, Audit, Risk, Compliance, Middle Office, FP&A and others. Some of the key responsibilities include the following: provide daily support and insights, monitor activity and performance vs Plan, develop analytical tools for granular insights into the generated Economic Value, ensure the desk operates in compliance with the relevant internal and external policies and regulations, establish appropriate controls. Collaborate with the rest of the CTI Analytics team on broader projects. Key Responsibilities
- The job would involve ongoing monitoring of all investments including securities, funding and derivatives with responsibility for oversight of the daily EV and Cost to Close PnL.
- The BUM will be expected to participate closely in the daily PnL affirmation process and provide day to day review and explanation of the risks, controls, positions, P&L, economic value, cost to close, as well as funding and hedge relationship strategies.
- Become the key partner and support the portfolio managers in monitoring of the existing holdings versus Plan, build forecasts and projections in collaboration with the desks and FP&A, create any required ad-hock analytics, attribution analysis and explains for securities, debt, swaps and transfer pricing.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Product Control and FP&A teams, review the daily desk level PnL and Balance Sheet reports and published monthly EV results.
- Liase with Product Control, Audit, Risk, Compliance, Middle Office, FP&A, Legal and Technology on industry initiatives, issues, MCA, data issues and enhancements.
- Exhibit leadership and ability to influence stakeholders and partners who do not directly report into BUM
- Help develop and refine existing policies and procedures, ensure control and compliance of CTI trading mandates and MCAs
- Find opportunities for process and infrastructure improvements
- Assist in broader firm / business projects and initiatives
- Detailed analytics of investment portfolios performance, hedge programs and funding.
- Opportunity to work within a leading portfolio management team.
- Opportunity to develop analytics and solutions that add value and drive decision making.
- Exposure to a very diverse Treasury team at the heart of one of the world's largest financial institutions with opportunities for development and growth
Job Family Group:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience with a significant time spent in Financial Analysis / Strategy / Product Control or Middle Office role within a global financial services organization.
- Experience in investment portfolio analytics, reporting and monitoring. Product knowledge of securities, debt, derivatives and funding instruments.
- Accounting knowledge of FAS133, AFS, HTM, MTM is a plus
- Knowledge of Citi risk systems and models would be beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) with knowledge of VBA a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish strong internal relationships across businesses and functions and to work in partnership with multiple parties to achieve shared goals.
Finance Job Family:
Balance Sheet Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting