- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Business Risk Manager- LATAM
Business Risk Manager- LATAM
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19007821
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Business Risk (BR) Manager for CPB Latam is responsible for assisting the Regional BR Head in key policy adherence and monitoring. The BR Manager works closely with other areas as Sales, Investments, Products, Legal, Tax, Compliance and Back-Office areas across the Region. The BR Manager's responsibilities also include interface with auditors and execution of the MCA Program within the Region.
Major Job Responsibilities (List format only)
• Assist the Business in key policy adherence and monitoring.
• Keep the CPB Latam Management aware of the risk and control environment of the Business through continuous and open communication.
• Coordinate and prepare the CPB Latam Regional BRCC, MCA and ARA meetings.
• Assist the BR Head in the implementation and maintenance of a robust MCA program across the Region, in compliance with Citi Operational Risk Policy.
• Ensure that self-tests are appropriately and timely completed.
• Ensure adherence to the Citi Operational Risk Policy in regards to operational loss approvals and reporting.
• Interface with Business, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Control function and Regulator relationships by meeting with them on a regular basis to discuss issues concerns, corrective action plans etc via the internal Risk & Compliance Committee, BRCC or other forums.
• Work closely with CPB LATAM Business Risk contacts across the Regions to develop/share best practices and operate as a unified team.
• Interface with audit groups (i.e., Internal Audit and Compliance Testing)
• Client Complaint Enforcement & Coordination.
• CPB Latam Representative in Global Forums (OWS, MCA, etc.)
• Lead the Conflict of Interest and Disciplinary Committees for the Region.
• Maintain the CPB Latam Conflict of Interest Inventory updated
• Build and consolidate the working relationships with Management within and outside the Citi Private Bank to foster our customer-driven process and facilitate the timely and efficient resolution of potential customer issues.
• Ensure staff members receive appropriate training, to allow them to develop soft and technical skills.
• Develop "next generation" leaders through appropriately designed and challenging work assignments.
• Work with the staff to improve the work environment, particularly focusing on VOE feedback by having regular team meetings, 1-to-1 meetings and organizing team events.
- Academic background required, MBA is a plus
- Approx 10 years of audit/operational risk knowledge/experience
- Highly motivated
- High-energy person
- Ambitious individual with an international outlook and desire to grow nationally or internationally
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or Portuguese languages beneficial