Business Process Automation Engineer
The process engineering and automation scrum team will be engaged in assessing process, systems, workflows and technology stack across all functions in Internal Support (Workplace Ops, Infosys, Supply Chain etc.) utilizing process analysis techniques to optimize operations across business units and present findings, results and opportunities to partners at all levels.
The team will be responsible for the application of automation technologies, carving out first steps for strategic initiatives and developing operating models that scale across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Business Process Automation Engineer that will focus on Continuous Improvement. Someone that is a self-starter with an ambitious spirit and an ability to bring clear direction in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity. They are impatient with the status quo, seeks to make things better and more efficient leveraging data and technology. They are an innovator with the delicate balance of bold visioning, technical chops, intelligent strategy, and elegant execution. They link what we do to why we do it, adapt their message to the audience, and inspires the team around them. This role requires fresh thinking and the ability to design and develop scalable sustainable solutions. The perfect candidate has a unique blend of real-world experience, passion for bringing new ideas to life, building automation, exceptional business process modeling skills, and a passion for making change through process optimization. You will be responsible for orchestrating and delivering across all areas of Bloomberg Workplace Operations & Supply Chain. As a business process automation engineering you will be able to drive huge impact by identifying process improvement opportunities, creating value propositions, and optimizations through qualitative and quantitative experiments. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design and develop process automation solutions leveraging Bloomberg as well as other third party / open source stack.
- Partner with our enterprise RPA (Robotic Process Automation) team to scale efforts to improve employee experience and drive operational excellence.
- Analyze existing processes, team utilization, facility layout, and operational data including production costs, flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of people, process and technology and drive business value.
- Leverage data to uncover business processes and activities being performed across the organization.
- Combine principles of process and workflow design with a pragmatic implementation strategy for our operations.
- Establish strong working relationships to influence and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries.
- Design and launch (Minimum Viable Product) MVPs, Proof-Of-Concepts for business process and workflow optimization efforts across Workplace Operations & Supply Chain.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative cycles of feedback to inform opportunity sizing, value proposition, and implementation strategy.
- Creatively plan, scope, guide, implement work across a core team, but also a network of talent collaborating across these various efforts.
- Identify the right opportunity for process improvements and ensure measurable impact with this change.
If this sounds like you:
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement methods and processes
- 3-5 years of experiences in process analysis and technical product development
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, or a closely related field.
- Experience with C#, Python and SQL
- Familiarity with RPA tools, such as Automation Anywhere, UiPath, or Blue Prism (preferred)
- Demonstrated success at communicating, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence based decision-making
- Ability to build strong relationships across functions within an organization
- You should have demonstrable experience taking a business process/workflow idea from early vision into a launch.
- Successful candidates will combine rigorous business acumen and technical expertise with process design, workflow optimization, product development and operations.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations.
Submit your application and we'll get in touch!
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services cultivates innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.