Business Operations and Strategy Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Corporate Services provides best-in-class commercial services for the Firm and our employees to enable productivity, efficiency and an enhanced employee experience. We deliver standardized services which can be scaled globally and delivered locally. We have over 400 employees supported by more than 5,500 vendor staff managing a multi-billion dollar scope of services including Real Estate Services, Property Management; Corporate Travel & Meetings Management and Corporate Information Management; Corporate Security & Investigations; and Office of the COO. These services are delivered across 30+ countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia regions.
What You'll Be Doing:
This multifaceted role will report directly to the global head of Business Information and Analytics and will require working across all services provided by BIA both in the day to day operation of the services and in key aspects of planning and executing BIA service transformations.
The Business Operations and Strategy Manager will work in a dynamic, business aligned environment focused on evolving our services in lockstep with our global front office clients and their changing needs, while leveraging our global team of internal and vendor provided resources.
This role will provide the appropriate candidate an opportunity to showcase and continue to develop their service and personnel management skills in a highly competitive environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience working with senior front office clients, as well as possessing a demonstrable ability to develop and mature processes associated with both client facing services and team governance and management.
• Develop and maintain standardized process and policies for diversified vendor strategy
• Implement Governance and Content Library structure with regional managers
• Drive digital Transformation/BIA Next platform integration
• Build a training syllabus (aligned with Banker)
• Develop Metrics and Reporting (capacity planning, utilization; BU dynamic dashboard)
• Provide Oversight of Product Optimization Initiative
• Oversee Management of risk as it relates to Vendor and MNPI data handling
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate these core competencies:
• Business Acumen: Understanding of front office process and banker analyst workflow
• Team Management: Contributing to team management by maturing processes and metrics
• Process Driven: methodological thinker with a focus on detail, critical thinking and translation of business needs into actionable items
• Effective Communication: work closely with valued stakeholders on business requirements, comfortable running discussions and influencing outcomes
• Execution: Ability to develop, socialize and implement solutions, as well as collect and refine requirements into specific tasks and deliverables Qualifications:
To be successful in this role, you will have these technical skills, degree(s) or knowledge:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
• Understand the Business Information lifecycle; delivery of research and database knowledge
• Experience in Financial Services in a front office leadership role
• Comfortable in a high paced environment; coordinate priorities as per business needs
• Resourceful, independent and a self-starter
• Proficient with MSOffice suite with an emphasis on Excel for automation
Take a Peek at Where You'll Be Working
• Competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
• Expansive health benefits coverage
• Flexible working arrangements (dependent on role & job responsibilities)
• Access to a wide range of work and life services covering family care, elder care, education, shopping discounts, financial products, and health & wellness
• Ability to grow and shape your career with career development and training resources (online and custom programs) as well as mobility support within the department and Firm
• Opportunity for networking, relationship-building, mentorship, and educational sessions across different teams in the division
• Teambuilding, social, and community activities such as team socials, holiday celebrations, Quiz Night fundraisers, volunteer events, and more
• A diverse and inclusive workplace that supports Firm wide and divisional employee networks, event programming, and access to continuing education and awareness
• A culture that is underpinned by our five core values:
- Do The Right Thing (Acting with integrity and valuing and rewarding honesty and character)
- Put Clients First (Keeping the client's interest first and working together to deliver the best of the Firm)
- Lead With Exceptional Ideas (Leveraging different perspectives and driving innovation)
- Commit to Diversity & Inclusion (Valuing individual and cultural differences as a defining strength)
- Give Back (Serving our communities generously with our expertise, time, and money)