Business Manager - Corps/IFR (NA)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Business Manager - Corps/IFR (NA)
The Business Manager or Senior Business Manager- The role is focused on combining high quality execution ability, attention to detail, strong project management skills and building effective partnerships across the organization. For BM's supporting analytical practices the partnership and support of LAMs is a key responsibility.
The BM role has a strong focus on execution and delivering business value. Responsibilities will include supporting and in some cases, leading, practice/function specific projects and leveraging resources including the Business Transformation team to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations.
In addition to projects, the BM will also be responsible for working with HR partners on shape-of-the-org, headcount and open positions management; and people planning activities. Logistical support will also form an important part of the role and includes activities ranging from organizing off-sites, agendas, and presentations to huddle management and action tracking.
An effective Business Manager will be flexible and able to quickly adapt to new tasks and priorities with the ability to juggle project deliverables with day-to-day accountabilities. While practice-specific, the BM role brings additional value through a strong understanding of the whole business, an effective network of relationships and an appreciation of the cross-functional implications of decisions and actions. A continuous improvement mind-set coupled with role-modeling Lean behaviors will enable the BM to drive a continuous improvement culture across practices and functions and sustain an accelerated pace of execution.
- Process impact analysis, design and optimization leveraging expert Business Transformation / Lean capabilities
- Design and implementation of KPIs and metrics
- Resource planning and optimization
- Leading certain Tier 3 projects and supporting the Senior Business Manager on more complex initiatives including Tier 4 deployments
- Change management related activities for the practice function that will include implementing IT projects, MAPs, criteria projects and other initiatives that will impact the day-to-day operations
- Producing presentation materials and reports
- Ad-hoc data gathering and analysis
- Problem solving
Capabilities & Key Attributes
- The role requires a solid understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business, ideally with operational experience. It will be important for the Business Manager to stay current with developments, operations and issues across multiple and diverse business areas.
- A strong customer focus is required which requires understand of who our customers are and how they use our products.
- A strong working knowledge of S&P Lean and Agile roles, processes and philosophy is required. This is critical to role modeling behaviors and developing team capabilities.
- While this role is not a technical one it requires a keen interest and desire to learn about technology and data with a "digital mindset" when thinking about problem solving and engaging partners to deliver solutions.
Background & Experience
- 7+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related
- Experience working on complex initiatives highly valued
- Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.