Business Manager- Fixed Income, Commodities & Currencies
What is the opportunity?
What will you do?
- FICC Business Manager supporting primarily the Head of FICC USA, reporting to the MD & Global Head of Business Management, Fixed Income Currencies & Commodities ("FICC").
- The FICC USA Business Manager, in collaboration with peer business managers, advances the strategic objectives of Capital Markets as aligned to RBCCMs operating philosophy. This role contributes to the business' achievement of superior performance and "best in class" managed efficiencies and includes taking a proactive approach towards ensuring all control requirements are monitored and adhered to.
- The FICC USA Business Manager has full responsibility for driving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the business in region & in collaboration with global partners. The incumbent in this role must establish strong partnerships with each of the functional areas supporting FICC USA, Global FICC and GM including, in particular: Product Control, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Human Resources and other key areas.
- The Business Manager is accountable for successful achievement of agreed upon goals and objectives, contributing to a high performance culture, delivering on operational effectiveness, thus ensuring creation of sustainable value for RBC shareholders.
What do you need to succeed?
- Leadership role in facilitating all delegated FICC USA business management matters, thus allowing Regional head and Sales, Trading and Origination management heads to focus on their core responsibilities
- Partnering with business management peers on strategic projects and GM / FICC Global - wide initiatives
- Leadership role in advancing technology, risk management and functional environments, in collaboration with specialists
- Central liaison between business and all support functions as delineated above
- Leads and is accountable for recommendations that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of FICC USA in region, supporting the regional ROC and TOF initiatives and strategy - focused on new initiatives pertaining to enhanced capabilities or cost management and in alignment with overall Capital Markets global strategic priorities
- Key partner to Client Analytics, Client Intelligence, ICM and Sales Mgmt teams to advance analyses and productivity reporting.
- Specific core responsibilities include;
- Business strategy and development including financial planning
- Expense management of both direct and indirect allocated costs
- Meeting and presentation preparation
- Capital and balance sheet management
- Regulatory affairs management
- Ad hoc project work
- Decision making authority, with both internal and external parties, as delegated by the head FICC USA and Global FICC Business Mgmt Head and in accordance with specific guidelines.
- University diploma
- Strategic business sense and organizational awareness
- Capital Markets experience
- FIC product knowledge
- Familiarity with third party market data (Dealogic, Bloomberg, etc)
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with RBC policies, procedures and information systems
- Identify, assist and manage operational risks/control deficiencies in the business
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrate proven impact and influence skills to engage cross-functional team members
- Foster an environment based on transparency and responsibility to drive superior client experience and to optimize business results
- Detail and goal oriented / organized and results-driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .