Business Management Operations Associate/Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures, and markets.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (IM) is a critical business within Morgan Stanley and is a leader in the global investment management business. IM Operations supports the equity, fixed income, multi-asset, liquidity and alternative businesses for IM, providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transition management, market registration, product data and valuation oversight, and performance and attribution analysis, among others. IM Operations serves the firm's portfolio managers and associated teams by providing high quality support through excellence in processing, reporting, and management of strategic initiatives.
Investment Management Operations, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for providing coverage to the Global Head of Investment Management Operations and the Global CAO for the various activities that support financial, resource and organizational effectiveness functions both regionally and globally. This includes but is not limited to oversight and ownership of financial & headcount management, location strategy, board and management reporting, space management, collaboration with the Global COO Office on operational opportunities and business initiatives, business analytics and intelligence, and organizational effectiveness matters. Office of the IM Ops CAO partners closely with various constituencies across the firm, specifically the Global Operations Leadership, Tech & Operations Business Management Utility and Service Lead, Regional CAOs, as well as the Investment Management Business Unit COO office. Primary Responsibilities
The Investment Management Operations CAO NA Associate / Director will report to the Investment Management Operations CAO NA Vice President.
- Support organizational engagement through various organizational effectiveness initiatives, including ownership over organizational communications, regional organizational global connectivity and culture initiatives
- Regional support over daily, monthly and annual resource, headcount management, inclusive of annual budgeting process and business planning
- Support design and maintenance of business analytic and metrics ranging from report creation, data manipulation and management messaging
- Support accurate and timely preparation of regional Quarterly Board reporting and ad-hoc management reporting; inclusive of assessing and streamlining expanded board reporting needs in partnership with regional CAO leads
- Ownership over execution and management of MSIM Operations Academy training program
- Support global & regional forums as well as strategic leadership session planning for IM Operations
- Oversight of regional space management and planning, including office moves
- Help maintain Business Continuity Planning (BCP) regionally
- Provide coverage for CAO NA as needed Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required and 5-7 years experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience or varying levels
- Proficient analytical skills to evaluate critically the information gathered from multiple sources, ability to evaluate detailed data and present at high-level for senior management consumption
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills to support working with vast array of activities; Ability to multi-task; Results driven
- Ability to collaborate across functional areas, developing relationships, and driving agendas
- Ability to be flexible in willingness to engage in a wide range of issues and activities at all levels of detail
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of accountability/ownership
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Power Point, able to develop presentations for senior management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Approximately 5 years of professional work experience (Financial Services industry preferred but not required)