Business Management Analyst, RQA COO Team
Description About this role What we do
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. Job Description Business Overview
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA Investment Risk's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in BlackRock's portfolios are fully understood by our portfolio managers and senior management and are consistent with clients' objectives. We also help build "state-of-the-practice" quantitative models and analytics that help inform risk taking and portfolio construction across the firm. RQA team members tackle real-world problems, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
The RQA COO Team is responsible for ensuring that RQA executes on the team's goals and objectives. With 280+ risk managers across the globe focused on fiduciary and enterprise risks, the RQA COO team serves as a central point of contact and coordination across the team and the firm. This role will support RQA's business management activities, internal communication initiatives, and talent management. We are seeking a candidate who has proven success in executing talent initiatives and creating an inclusive environment, enjoys working across global teams and has a passion to find new, innovative ways to support projects and strategic initiatives. Key Responsibilities
- Work with RQA senior leadership to establish strategic objectives and priorities
- Monitor RQA progress on business, budget, recruiting and talent objectives
- Partner with Finance to oversee RQA's budget and headcount
- Work with RQA regional and functional heads to solve miscellaneous business problems and address departmental needs
- Work closely with BlackRock's Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and RQA leadership on presentations for the firm's global executive committee, risk committees, board committees, clients, regulators and industry associations
- Prepare, oversee and creatively innovate RQA's internal communications to ensure the global team is connected and up-to-date on important information
- Work with senior risk managers to develop standard presentations on investment and enterprise risk topics for internal and external use
- Support RQA's lateral and campus recruiting efforts
- Develop and manage RQA's annual training program for new hires and interns
- Plan networking and team-building events to promote team culture and morale
- Partner with RQA's Human Capital Committee on talent objectives and culture
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for creative writing and a n ability to explain complex ideas in simple but impactful terms
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Team player with an ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a "go-getter" attitude that takes initiative and innovates
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.