Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager
The Role: Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
The Location: New York
The Team: S&P Global is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets. We are home to some of the most iconic brands in finance and business, including: Standard & Poors Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and Platts. Platts is a leading provider of energy and commodity information, including benchmarks that are critical to the markets.
The Impact: This person will make a difference and contribute to the growth and better management of the business by turning data into insights.
What's in it for you:
- Learn, refine and grow your skills to be an internal thought leader on business intelligence and reporting
- Exposure to multiple business lines and their leadership teams
- Hands on manager of the Tableau-based reporting structure and reports, which cover an increasing range of information sources and analyses across the company. Day to day activities will include:
- Prioritising new areas for development, including working on reporting and data analyses related to ongoing and new strategic initiatives
- Creating and executing new visualisation ideas, including usefully connecting data sources together
- Provide ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing reports based on user feedback and new business priorities
- Ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting cycle works effectively by working with internal data providers
- Partnering with the strategy team to build a robust and efficient reporting and data analysis structure within Platts
- Managing overseas resources within the reporting and data visualization team
- Other responsibilities include:
- Documenting report design and business requirements
- Facilitate end users reporting workshops
- Support training and adoption of reporting capability
What We're Looking For:
- Highly proficient in (with a minimum 2+ years direct experience):
- Tableau Desktop
- Data visualization best practices
- Tableau Server deployments
- Proven design abilities for reports/dashboards in Tableau
- Able to act as the liaison between the business and technology counterparts responsible for building the data solution behind the Tableau report
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues and ideas
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Comfortable managing the delivery of high quality outputs with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
- Degree educated (BA or BS) with 4 years + in a service delivery and/or business intelligence role
- Knowledgeable in Oracle, SQL and basic data modelling practices
- Management or relevant technical consulting background
- Familiar with multiple business functions (Marketing, Product, Finance et al.) and comfortable engaging with various stakeholders including C-level executives
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.