Business Information Security Officer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 17 Oct 18
Business Information Security Officer
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) function within Global Information Security is responsible for information security control enforcement, cybersecurity awareness, and enablement across all lines of business, enterprise functions, technology, and operations teams. The BISO team also leads cybersecurity external engagement.
The Senior Information Security Officer will be a member of the Business Information Security Officer's (BISO) organization and work closely with the line of business Chief Information Officers (CIOs)/Chief Technology Officers (CTOs). In this role, you will be supporting a group/team to develop a deep understanding of the business in order to have specialized information security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the right risk priorities. You will also provide guidance on information security topics, policies and controls.
• Possess strong / experienced application development and/or application security background; with solid knowledge of SDLC from design, testing, deployment to post-production and the different risk elements associated with each step.
• Serves as an Information Security subject matter expert and participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of information security for the line of business (LOB)
• Provides guidance and advocacy regarding the prioritization of LOB investments that impact information security
• Advises LOB management on risk issues related to information security and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs
• Monitors information security trends internal and external to the bank and keeps LOB leadership informed about information security-related
• Manages quality control and reporting
• Ensures compliance with policies and laws
• Drives GIS/LOB risk deliverables
• Collaborates with risk partners on info security critical priorities
• Participates in senior LOB specific Risk Management & Business Continuity Routines
• Identifies and measures global information security (GIS) controls on most critical business processes or channels
• Has a deep understanding of security for computing platforms (PaaS)
• Has a solid grasp of security in big data and other instructed large data structures
• Ability to build strong Partner relationships with peer technology groups and supported LOB
• Supports the triage process with the client and helps them understand the GIS support structure
• Drives required risk culture and partnership with peer technology teams and supported LOB
• Participates in key CIO operating routines to drive information security risk strategy
• Information Security & Technology professional with 10+ years' experience
• 5+ years of risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
• Subject matter expertise in application security, vulnerability testing and development of risk appetite
• Experience evaluating cyber security controls and providing guidance for platform or distributed computing platforms (Cloud, PaaS)
• Experience with information security for No SQL, Big Data , and unstructured data stores (Cassandra, Hadoop, and /or Teradata)
• Knowledge in Windows, Midrange and Mainframe Platforms with emphasis on security and access controls.
• Exceptional executive presentation and communication skills
• Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
• Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: