Business Development Manager
JobDescription : The Position:
The Business Development manager is responsible for identifying and selling to unrated companies in the corporate and financial institutions markets. The role involves the identification of opportunities with new clients, the prioritization of prospects and proactive outreach. You'll also be accountable for the revenue growth objectives for the business unit/geography concerned are met. Responsibilities:
- Promote and insightfully sell appropriate product/service solutions and cultivate referrals from new customers
- Utilize and maintain Salesforce data to monitor pipeline and leads status for goal management.
- Manage complex negotiations of commercial and contractual deals for new sales opportunities, and involve Head of Business Development as necessary
- Identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy by collaborating with necessary stakeholders at S&P
- Excellent knowledge of the ratings industry and competitive landscape
- Comprehensive understanding of S&P's business and product lines
- Excellent understanding of key market trends in S&P's key market sectors (FI, Corporates, Sovereign, Public Finance, and Structured Products)
- Interacts with clients and prospective clients in Senior Leadership roles
- Southeast Regional knowledge a plus
- 10+ years of sales experience in financial services
- Demonstrated strength in insight selling skills
- Demonstrated strength in effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter; able to work independently and creatively, as well as within a team
- Demonstrated strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent networking skills are required in order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the markets S&P serves
- Must have the ability to work comfortably across organizational boundaries, and quickly gain the credibility and respect of executives at multiple levels
- Track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Bachelor's Degree required
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.