Business Development Lead
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, financial technology, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges through technology.
BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® is an operating system for investment managers that connects the information, people and technology needed to manage money in real time. The Aladdin platform combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale.
The Aladdin Business Development group is responsible for developing new client relationships for the Aladdin Business. We are seeking to hire a premier sales executive with a consistent record of leading complex and consultative sales to enterprise clients within the Investment Management industry. This will include partnering with business executives across a variety of industry verticals including insurance, pension funds and traditional asset managers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Craft and execute a sales strategy to advance the Aladdin platform into major institutions.
- Lead a consultative sales process by establishing senior relationships with prospective clients by effectively understanding their current environment and business needs.
- Contribute ideas to Aladdin’s product development to meet the needs of the marketplace.
- Advise on the risk and investment management technology marketplace, its dynamics, its competition and the impact on Aladdin.
- Lead individuals and team to achieve objectives and drive results; encourages and motivates people to the highest levels of performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will possess some combination of the following:
- Deep understanding of at least one of the Aladdin focus areas: (1) risk & analytics; (2) order management and trading; (3) investment operations and accounting; must be conversant in current trends in fixed income and equity markets
- Extensive experience in a B2B, highly consultative client facing role, preferably with personal responsibility for building new client relationships and generating revenue
- Understands business, financial and technical content, including deep understanding how organizations operate and grow
- Committed to gaining relevant knowledge, skills and experience in commercial markets; utilizes market expertise to be seen as an inspiring leader across Aladdin; stays passionate about the business and maintains current knowledge about competitor products and services to drive product input and evolution
- Ability to coordinate and influence various stakeholders to gain consensus and resolve issues (i.e. portfolio management, risk management, business teams, and investment operations)
- Leadership and management skills to be the cultural flag-bearer with the ability to inspire BlackRock team members
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading strategic initiatives within a global organization
- Ability to operate as a self-starter, operating with limited guidance in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- High-impact communication and presentation skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.