Business Development Account Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's U.S. Global Wealth Management (GWM) division is currently seeking a Business Development Account Manager to join our team. Location
This position can be located in Newport Beach, California or Northern California. Mission
The mission of the Business Development Account Manager is to engage with a defined set of high potential Financial Advisors - both prospects and clients - in select major metropolitan areas in the U.S., with the goal of driving sales and retaining assets in PIMCO mutual funds, separately managed accounts, ETFs and other investment solutions. Responsibilities
- Achieve high levels of meaningful client engagement via travel to metropolitan hubs (approx. 50% of the time) and via phone, e-mail, virtual and social means of communication.
- Manage all sales and asset retention activities with your client relationships, striving to meet/exceed all sales goals and to migrate client relationships to higher service levels over time.
- Successfully establish an understanding of the nature and needs of our clients varying business practices, and confidently provide relevant market insight, product updates, investment ideas, sales support and resources.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of PIMCO's products, platforms, themes, initiatives, markets, strategies, and policies as well as those of its sub-advisors and client firms.
- Increase efficiency/effectiveness and enhance sales abilities by utilizing business intelligence and data, deploying marketing and thought leadership regularly, segmenting clients routinely and recording updated client information in CRM via consistent profiling efforts.
- Know our most formidable competitors and be ready to position PIMCO investments accordingly.
- Maintain high levels of compliance with all industry, client firm, and PIMCO regulations
- Make a difference on the U.S. GWM sales team by participating in department and divisional calls and meetings, communicating with colleagues in your division, engaging across different PIMCO functions, participating in working groups, councils and committees, and fully utilizing continuous mentoring and training, etc.
- Recognize that ongoing training and continuing education are critical to cultivating the strongest client relationships. Attainment of CFA, CIMA, CAIA, other industry designations and/or advanced degrees is supported and encouraged.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team oriented
- Excellent at developing and deepening client relationships
- Known for your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-sufficient and very organized
- Interested in, and have a strong aptitude for, technology
- Resourceful, with an innate ability to solve problems
- Responsible for managing a budget
- Passionate about the markets and financial services industry
- CIMA, CAIA, CFA designations, and/or MBA a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office