Business Continuity Specialist
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What We Do Enterprise Change Resiliency Office Overview (ECRO)
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
for BNY Mellon, a first-line enterprise-wide office, which leads the Firm's change management and resiliency functions. Enterprise Resiliency Office Overview (ERO)
BNY Mellon's ERO aligns, centralizes and integrates our resiliency disciplines and capabilities to deliver timely and effective incident identification, impact assessment, escalation, communication and resolution; provide clients with superior service; and deliver resilient, world-class products and services. We leverage best practices, lessons learned from our enterprise-wide operational activities and feedback from our partners to continuously improve our resiliency posture. Specialist, Business Continuity Role Overview
This role will report to the Business Continuity Head to serve as part of the global implementation advisory team that provides consultation and support for the development, implementation, and maturation of comprehensive Business Continuity Management ("BCM") program globally and within their local region. This position is chartered to drive a program that ensures BNY Mellon operates with a confident state of confirmed recoverability and resiliency. Role-Specific Job Responsibilities
General Job Description
- Support the execution of annual requirements for business impact analysis, risk assessments, plan updates, exercises, reviews, and training. This will include documenting and maintaining data collected in initial and ongoing Business Impact Analyses (BIAs), Risk Assessments, Recovery Strategies and Plans in the Business Continuity system of record.
- Provide training, support, and business continuity consulting to assigned business functions and internal partners as needed.
- Ensure that the processes performed by the business and technology are in accordance with internal policies and standards.
- Support business testing of capabilities to demonstrate viable and sustainable means to recover and meet stakeholder commitments.
- Provide response and recovery support in potential or actual contingency situations.
- Support the migration of the business continuity planning system.
- Facilitate capture of third-party engagement and due diligence information so the business can appropriately understand and mitigate their resiliency risks.
- Prepares reports for more senior professionals.
- Supports the business line managers via the cross-company Business Recovery Coordinator network to ensure the company is meeting both client and regulatory requirements related to Business Continuity
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- May attend meetings and continue to build relationships with existing clients.
- No direct reports as this role is an individual contributor within a global team.
Responsible for the ongoing, independent oversight of standard business continuity compliance tasks and recovery management governance for an assigned function and in preparation for potential crises and technology and information losses, among other risks. Assists the assigned function with the assessment of and monitoring and reporting on key indicators of business continuity and recovery preparedness. Prepares reports for more senior professionals. Supports the business line managers via the cross-company Business Recovery Coordinator network to ensure the company is meeting both client and regulatory requirements related to Business Continuity. This includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables as well as tracking and monitoring for completion. With minimal guidance, assists the assigned function with the identification of risks to functional resilience and completion of test recoveries and relocations as required by all applicable regulators and legal entities. Helps the function to develop projects and programs to improve compliance. May complete similar tasks for vendor continuity. May contribute to the evaluation of testing protocols each year in response to personnel changes, among others. Is beginning to contribute to cross-functional efforts to promote a strong Business Continuity & Recovery culture throughout the organization. Assists with the drafting of the master resolution and recovery playbook for the organization, as directed. Reviews work with more senior professionals. May attend meetings and continue to build relationships with existing clients. No direct reports. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of total woark experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of three (3) years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in MS office products and general data management tools.
- Builds relationships and utilizes networks across levels and organizations to achieve results.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Confident, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize and apply a risk-oriented perspective to deliver control and mitigating solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Deliver with an attention to detail.
- Strong initiative, seeks challenges, strives to progress their business continuity competencies, excellent business acumen, and easily establishes and sustains internal and external relationships in a complex organizational environment.
- Ability to influence the decisions and opinion of others without having direct authority.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.