Business Consultant, Capital Markets
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GreySpark Partners
- 11 Oct 18
As a Business Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with clients across a range of engagements. You will be expected to understand key industry drivers, including regulatory change and the evolving market structure, and be able to articulate how these changes are impacting market participants. You will have experience using a range of analytical tools, producing high quality documentation and working with diverse teams. Critical to your success will be the ability to build strong relationships and rapidly develop your capital markets knowledge.
GreySpark is a business and technology consultancy that specialises in mission-critical areas of the financial markets industry. We are a global firm, headquartered in London with operations in Hong Kong, Sydney, Edinburgh and New York. Global wholesale finance is changing. Economic imperatives, assertive regulations, changing client demands and disruptive technologies will significantly reshape the industry. We help our clients to address these challenges and adapt to the new environment wherever they operate.
At GreySpark Partners we offer a working environment where team members can ltake responsibility, build a network and ultimately be successful in achieving their ambitions. We offer a clearly defined career path and apply a meritocratic process in promoting the next tranche of leaders in our growing firm.
You will be involved in all phases of the project lifecycle, from initiation to closure. You will run business transformation projects or IT change projects and build and develop business cases. You will also be required to gather and analyse requirements. You will have the chance to own and deliver business and functional requirements as well as the opportunity to manage stakeholders on different levels and in various business areas.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and the desire to obtain excellence. You will also have a strong interest in financial markets and have a track record of consistent client focused delivery. The ideal candidate will have a history of learning and self-improvement and will have the flexibility to work on client sites across a variety of projects of varying scale.
- Proven business analysis experience with evidence of logical/progressive thinking
- Understanding of project delivery methodologies
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to distil complex data or situations into simple messages
- Previous consulting experience is desirable
- Previous capital markets experience is preferred though exceptional candidates from other sectors will be considered
Bachelor’s degree or similar, ideally with a focus on one of the following areas: Finance, Economics or Technology
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to progress on a defined career ladder, ongoing training and opportunities to develop your financial services knowledge and skills
- A team-focused, dynamic business that recognises success
- Comprehensive benefits including a pension plan, private medical insurance, paid holidays + bank holidays and more