Business Analyst - Product Analysis and Design
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit is a leading, globally diversified provider of critical information, analytics, and expertise for the world's major industries, financial markets, and governments. Our analytics reveal interdependencies across complex industries, which enhance transparency, reduce risk, and improve operational efficiency for our customers. Our information, analytics, and solutions are significant components in the systems and workflows of many of our customers and continue to become increasingly important to our customers' operations. We leverage leading technologies and our industry expertise to create innovative products and services that provide information and insight to our customers to help them be more efficient and make more informed decisions. We are committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
By integrating and connecting our information and analytics with proprietary and widely used decision-support technology on scalable platforms, we produce critical information and insight designed to meet our customers' needs.
The IHS Markit Sustainable Finance group provides innovative infrastructure solutions and services to grow environmental markets and to help our clients address Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks. This includes facilitating the implementation of new environmental markets, helping existing markets evolve and mature, enabling connectivity between markets and fostering data transparency and efficiency. Sustainable Finance Business Analyst
The IHS Markit Sustainable Finance group provides innovative infrastructure solutions and services to grow environmental markets and to help our clients address Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks. This includes facilitating the implementation of new environmental markets, helping existing markets evolve and mature, enabling connectivity between markets and fostering data transparency and efficiency.
This role will report to the Director of Product Analysis and Design for the Sustainable Finance Team, working closely with the supporting Product, Operations, and Development teams and as well as clients. This role will require the candidate to work independently to deliver based on defined timelines, have analytical skills to examine and evaluate complex datasets, and possess strong communication skills in order to collaborate across internal teams and with the client. As a Sustainable Finance Business Analyst You Will
- Deliver throughout the software development lifecycle utilizing project management methodologies, including Agile and Scrum.
- Collaborate with clients through working sessions to drive and develop detailed business requirements.
- Writing functional and technical business requirements documents for the Sustainable Finance domain, with expertise in the Environmental Energy industry.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, and Development, to deliver on both client and strategic programs
- Review and analyze data components to answer client queries and liaise with Technical, Product, and Operations teams as required.
- Utilize business improvement techniques, requirements elicitation and management, and business modeling
- Perform data analysis using advanced Excel skills including macros.
- Perform and Coordinate User Acceptance Testing with the client.
- Bachelor's degree; Environmental Energy, Information Systems, Business and/or Finance preferred.
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a product or analytical role within an Environmental Energy industry and/or financial technology company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; particularly Excel and Project.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to provide recommendations and solutions to both functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to drive working sessions involving industry stakeholders and clients requiring excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead and influence discussions.
- Strong project management skills with accountability for meeting defined deadlines; ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven Analytical background to validate financial calculations for environmental solutions auction and settlement algorithm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead complex discussions with the clients and the Technical/Product team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.