Business Analyst - OTC Derivatives
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 12 Dec 18
Business Analyst - OTC Derivatives
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the growing team in NY (a key strategic location). You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in London, Mumbai, and Glasgow. You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You should be dynamic, a self-starter and have experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent, development, communication, and organizational skills.
- The role will require working with stakeholders globally and across divisions and knowledge of broad spectrum of assets classes.
- You will be required to analyse business process flows and impact on technology flows.
- You will be required to translate regulatory requirements into functional technical requirements
- You will write users stories in an iterative fashion, liaising with the developers, product owners and other business analysts within the scrum team. *LI-DC1
- Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products
- Knowledge of Corporate Actions, Repo Buy/Sell and Stock Loans products
- Regulatory reporting experience (SFTR, MAS/ASIC etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to understand requirements and share with the technical team.
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
- Experience of writing user stories containing clearly articulated needs, features and acceptance tests.
- Experience in banking with trade life cycle and trade flow knowledge.
- BA certification from either IIBA, PMI or BCS.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with the ability to use tools such as Excel to analyse large volumes of data to find correlations, variations and anomalies.
- Exhibit good leadership and communication skills to help the scrum team clearly understand the requirements.
- Ability to support the product owner to ensure that their priorities and needs are met.
- Ability to be pro-active and clearly escalate when risks or issues arise.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to articulate complex topics in a concise and articulate manner