Business Analyst - Global Data Workflow Engineering
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately!
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without data driving strategic product decisions, enabled by technical innovation.
Global Data Operations is a centralized organization that supports the operational, strategic, and personal development needs of Data Management teams "allowing Data to Run". Within Operations, the Business Process Management (BPM) group represents 3 functional areas; Business Intelligence, Product Management, and Workflow Engineering. These functional teams develop expertise to work independently, as well as together, to identify and execute opportunities for increased efficiency across our data sets and analyst teams. As a team, our goal is to provide this information accurately, comprehensively, and as frequently as possible for each dimension of Global Data's product analytics - timeliness, quality, and coverage. Together, we closely partner with other teams in Global Data to conduct process analysis and re-engineering when vital, as well as establish and promote standard methodologies across the organization.
As a member of the BPM - Workflow Engineering team, you will use your problem solving skills and curiosity of how systems work to design workflows for our Global Data teams. You're the type of person that always looks to streamline processes and finds ways to make things run more efficiently. We work closely with the domain specialists in Global Data, who cover a variety of financial products, to understand their information, devise, and deliver solutions by using a technology stack made up of best-in-class proprietary and open-source components. As a result, our work has a direct impact on their product and team by expanding and maintaining coverage, reducing manual effort, improving data quality and reducing "time-to-market" for clients. We are looking for a tech-savvy individual who combines business skills and technology to deliver on Global Data's business goals. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Analyze current data processes and workflow systems to identify gaps and opportunities
- Interact directly with partners to analyze and refine functional and operational requirements
- Design, prototype and implement technical solutions using a combination of proprietary, third party and open source technology to address business needs
- Lead projects through-out the project lifecycle; establishing and communicating timelines and work
- Collaborate with counterparts in the Business Intelligence team to ensure the solutions we deliver help to drive KPIs
- Form relationships with leaders and teams across the department to learn about their business, understand the main challenges they face, and identify strategic opportunities.
- Partner with Software Engineers to advance our workflow tools and capabilities by applying your expertise of our systems and optimally representing stakeholder and business needs
- Collaborate with the team as we look to help develop a strategy for how we stay ahead in a driven market
- A BA/BS degree in an analytical subject area, or equivalent professional work experience in data technology, business process management or related field
- Experience capturing, leading or visualizing workflows or business system requirements
- Proficiency with project management and business/process analysis techniques
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence and the ability to take data from numerous, disparate data sources to extract and transform it into relevant and impactful informations
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Relationship building skills, and ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners at various levels
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Successful applicants will likely possess:
- Applied experience working with markup and/or scripting languages
- 2+ years of experience working in data-related field, consulting or technology *** Please note this role has the possibility of sitting in Princeton, NJ or New York, NY
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.