- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities : This position represents a key role in the MIS IT Alignment group, which will support the delivery of transformational business and IT programs and projects that are critical to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives. This individual will serve as a key contact with business stakeholders to elicit requirements and validate requirements, develop and maintain strong relationships and keep stakeholders informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle. This individual will also work closely with Moodyâ€™s technology teams and vendor partners to completing key process and project deliverables. This individual will also be responsible for detailed, high-quality business process documentation and analysis which meets the needs of the various project stakeholders. This individual may work on both enhancements to existing systems as well as on new development as either the primary Business Analyst or collaborating with other Business Analysts. The Business Analyst is part of a Ratings Operations functional organization and will serve to ensure all processes and related activities are continuously aligned to the future state design.
Specific responsibilities for the position may include :
- Manage requirements for complex projects that focus on a single system and have multiple types of stake-holders; with support from more Senior members of the team
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritization and dependencies identified
- Maintain a strong understanding of Moody's business processes, strategies, IT capabilities and capacity, and filtering and prioritizing by stakeholder demand, business and regulatory impact
- Support user acceptance testing; participate in validation sessions
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration, and acceptance
- Resolving requirements conflicts between business units and lines of business or between business and technology.
- Managing Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for initiatives with respect to business and functional requirements, data requirements, regulatory requirements, workflow context and design, as well as user interface designs within and across Moody's systems
- Authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the Ratings systems and ancillary tools, including business requirements, use cases, Business System Concept documents, research templates, operating procedures and governance processes
- Ability to map regulatory requirements to business processes. Ensures compliance and verifies new regulations are adequately addressed through existing or new processes and enabled in the appropriate application
- Supporting data migration efforts by analyzing business processes to understand current and future data needed to support those processes, working closely with Data Governance and Data Operations teams to address any gaps
- Plan and lead meetings and working sessions effectively with both business and technology teams
- Support change management and training initiatives, as needed. Train users on existing or new applications, when required
Scope/Supervision and Interaction : This position works as a liaison between Moody Investors Services business groups and software developers, and will interact with senior internal personnel
Operations & Data Control
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelorâ€™s degree) in a related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in project management, process design, information technology, business operations or related field, preferably in the financial services industry, with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization
- Previous experience and record of effectively leading process driven projects in a large scale business and technology transformation or improvement efforts
- System/business analysis experience required
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including very good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties
Key Tech and Non-Technical Skills:
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, proven teamwork with demonstrated experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and locations
- Strong meeting/workshop facilitation skills and documented experience
- Strong leadership skills across both single discipline and multi-discipline teams
- Experience in various aspects of systems development, including development, project management, business analysis and UI design
- Experience with application integration and developing workflow and functional Use Cases
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred
- Proven ability to articulate application requirements and functionality to IT peers
- Demonstrated ability to manage different and often conflicting objectives/activities at one time
- Experience in quickly and effectively adjusting priorities and goals in changing circumstances
- Maturity in dealing with all levels of business. Strengthen relationships across business by engaging business stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Must be an effective facilitator and comfortable with working through ambiguity to develop effective solutions
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.