- 125,000 base USD
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Focus Capital Markets
- 22 Aug 18 2018-08-22
• Business Analyst for the leading currency derivatives system
- Support existing features and worked with Developers, QA and Project Management to implement new features – projects a mixture of Quant (Accumulators, Multi-Currency etc.) and Data (generating synthetic Volatility metrics from Market Data feeds)
Systems: JIRA, in-house C++/ Java system
- Own and drive forward the process of gathering business requirements and translating them into approved functional requirements.
- Provide traceability between business and functional requirements.
- Document requirements in a manner that allows for future reusability and ease of maintenance.
- Produce required content for product documentation, e.g. release notes, user guides, support guides.
- Perform analysis of both existing legacy systems and proposed new projects, decomposing and documenting the related business concepts, process flows, data element definitions, calculations, reports and screen layouts.
- Prepare comprehensive functional requirements for development projects based on business requirements, priorities and scope.
- Create use cases and/or acceptance tests to clarify and supplement functional requirements.
- Review and approve technical designs as being fit for purpose and in compliance with product requirements.
- Review and approve comprehensive test plans for the project, assisting QA with formulating test design, cases, and environment setup.
- Mediate between the various interested parties to interpret/clarify requirements and help resolve any differences that might arise as a result.
- Proactively notify stakeholders when requirements are added or removed from scope.
- Adhere to established best practices and SDLC processes.
- Work cooperatively with project team members from the development and QA groups to ensure a successful outcome for the project.
- Take on multiple projects simultaneously as needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the business areas/functions covered by assigned projects.
- Participate in periodic release activities.
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis is required.
- Should have worked with the Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle or similar process.
- Should have expertise in writing client facing documentation and specifications
- Should have written requirements that can be traced from the business requirements through the functional requirements and use cases to the qa test cases.
- Should have experience writing re-usable requirements.
- Should have provided business analysis for software deployed at an external client site.