Business Analysis - VP
Business Analysis - VP New York, NY
As a Barclays' Business Analysis you will be facing off to key project stakeholders with the Equities Derivatives Trading businesses. Within IT, he/she will be working with the development teams to ensure scope of requirements is achievable, requirements are clear and well-defined, test plans are comprehensive, and issues are resolved.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Project Manager, areas of focus will include, knowhow of Equities Derivatives and Cash Equities execution workflows
- Have full ownership and in-depth knowledge of application functionality required to train and on-board new users potentially unfamiliar with detailed workings of equity derivatives applications.
- Writing detailed business and integration requirements using the Confluence/Wiki based documentation approach aligned with an Agile / sprint-based development methodology.
- Create detailed GUI mock-ups and other visual requirements alongside user requirements to development teams and key stakeholders.
- Work actively and closely independently and as a team player with software development teams to ensure user requirements are clearly understood and developed as specified in the documentation.
- Participate in software development staff planning as they write detailed functional and design specifications to govern field, message, and user interface level details.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance or equivalent
- 5+ years working in with equities and equity derivatives trading applications
- 5+ years working in the Investment Banking industry
- Knowledge of Industry standards like FIX protocol and familiarity with Equities and Equities Derivatives Life Cycle Management processes like Corporate Actions
Where will you be working?
- Any familiarility with Industry trends like big data, machine learning will be huge plus
- Basic understanding of Python and/or Linux/Unix shell script is a nice to have
- Proven ability to influence and manage across multiple teams and regions to deliver complex projects.
- Must have Microsoft Excel advanced skills (pivot/VLOOKUP/Macros)
Barclays' U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.