Build Engineer - Ticker Plant (Consultant)
Our team develops and maintains the infrastructure that hundreds of TickerPlant engineers use to build their source code. Our source code is currently organized in a mono-repo. This build produced artifact is then deployed, as a tarball, onto over 600 servers daily. You will join a team that's responsible for designing, testing, and developing new software which will help standardize and modernize this development workflow across our organization and get us in sync firm wide. We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Deliver incremental solutions that will help our organization break apart the monolithic source code into self-contained/smaller unit of independently build-able and deploy-able binary packages.
- Responsible in writing tools, based on directions provided by the team.
- Engage and directly work with developers, across the org, to migrate to this software packaging system
- Help us research latest methodologies in CI/CD.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Intimate knowledge about compiled language, particularly C/C++. Knowledge of compile and linking stages would be a bonus!
- Strong development skills with at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- Understanding and familiarity with compiler tool-chains such as gcc, xlc, clang.
- Familiarity with industry known build systems such as CMake, Bazel, Buck. SCons is a huge plus.
- A basic understanding of Packaging systems. DPKG, RPM. DPKG is a huge plus.
- Very good understanding of Jenkins.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- 3 years of experience in build and release of C/C++ source code.
- An understanding of ABI (Application Binary Interface) [in] compatibility.
- Programming and/or automation experience in Python, Perl, and/or Korn shell.
- Multiple open source automation and management tool-set knowledge (includes: GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, etc., to name a few).