Bloomberg Media Communications Lead
The energy of a newsroom, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, the pace of a trading floor; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces! We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. Our Team
As a leader within the Bloomberg Media communications team, you will serve as advisor and counselor to Bloomberg Media executives helping to unite all elements of the Bloomberg Media brand with coordinated amplification. Your team will also weigh in on enterprise-wide communications external and internal communications strategies helping to ensure that all messaging for Bloomberg Media is aligned with Bloomberg L.P.'s broader corporate narratives. What's the Role?
You're an experienced Communications professional who can develop and execute strategic communications plans for Bloomberg Media's brand invention through its myriad news and events platforms, including Bloomberg.com, the new Bloomberg Quicktake streaming network, New Economy Forum, Bloomberg Live events, Bloomberg TV and more. Your work will tell the stories of how these drive Bloomberg Media's business growth opportunities through video, subscriptions, key commercial partnerships and more. On any given day you may be responsible for communications with a number of influential press, social media voices and experts -- including media-industry focused outlets, but expanding to the spheres such as entertainment, technology, politics, fashion, ESG and sports as Bloomberg Media continues to grow. You'll work closely and collaboratively with the business and news teams. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide proven experience developing and implementing ambitious, forward-leaning communications strategies
- Operate in a fast-paced, real-time, 24/7 global media environment
- Forge cross-functional relationships
- Display exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant P.R. experience
- Existing relationships with a range of influential media and other industry voices and the desire to continue developing them
- The ability to develop a holistic plan through 1:1 pitches as well as original content and experience creation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to perform in a fast-paced global environment and meet urgent deadlines
Does this sound like you?
- A 'roll your sleeves up' mentality
- A strategic problem solver
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.