Blockchain Internal Consultant / Business Development
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
We’re looking for a candidate who is driven, diligent, and confident in their ability to successfully drive the rapid growth of our agency. This role would suit an accomplished professional who is looking to further develop their skills in business development, relationship management, and leadership while further delving into the incredibly innovative world of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. In return, we offer a very competitive salary, excellent growth opportunities and a brilliant working environment.
Split between New York City, the global media capital of the world, and Dublin, the fastest growing fintech hub in Europe, Wachsman serves many of the most disruptive and revolutionary blockchain companies and organizations, all leading the way in this rapidly growing billion-dollar industry.
Established in 2015, Wachsman has grown substantially over the course of the two years, building a global team of 40, expanding the service offering, and developing a client roster of over leading sixty firms, associations and projects across a wide range of industries and sectors. With a significant year ahead, Wachsman is now seeking an experienced and ambitious Business Development Director to support the senior management team in reaching new heights. Reporting to the Founder, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a business development role, preferably within a startup environment. The Business Development Director will work closely with the senior management team to create and implement strategies to expand the agency and take on new business.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity, where you will have the chance to help shape a rapidly expanding company with a meaningful, transformative mission. Here at Wachsman, our culture is our foundation. We are strong believers in merit over tenure, and take pride in our team members who look forward to coming to work each and every day. Wachsman’s staff are its greatest asset.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the first point of contact for all new business enquiries worldwide.
- Perform all due diligence on new business opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with high profile CEOs and account teams to determine potential client needs and agency resources.
- Master industry knowledge and trends to understand clients’ business
- Create and implement business development processes and systems.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and recognize opportunities to continuously develop professionally.
- Support the senior management team in defining new lines of business for the agency based on market requirements.
- Worldwide travel may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership/business development capacity at a startup
- At least 2 years of experience in the blockchain industry
- Background in fintech or venture capital preferred
- Exceptional work ethic and motivation to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, lead others, and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach
- Ability to work well in a team